Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #21 
ANHEL123

Can you get the water conditioner and put it in that water that you left for aging and change the water again. Are you able to go to the store?
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #22 
ao
TFK Moderator

I really do think it's the current. when I get home I'll take a video of my plakat for you. He lives in a small filtered tank with a good current, and often lays on the bottom as it is the area with least flow. you can tell me if the behaviour is similar...

Edit:

It doesn't neccessary mean they hate the current or love it. they just need to rest

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:58 PM   #23 
Jovancheck

I am from Serbia, it's 9 p.m. here, unfortunately Ok, i'll wait for your video..
Jovancheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:01 PM   #24 
ANHEL123

Let us know if there is any changes please.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #25 
Jovancheck

So this is what i did...i took him along with his water from a larger tank and moved him to a smaller one...In the smaller tank he had a background that always made him flare, because he saw his reflection...he was flaring around for a while, than went back to a bottom of the tank...Now he occasionally swims around, more than he swam in the larger tank...So i hope he will be better tomorrow, and i will change his water tomorrow when i get the water conditioner...What do you think about everything i did?
Old 09-12-2013, 03:20 PM   #26 
ANHEL123

Good. I don't think though its the matter of size because both tanks are not really big. But i think keep him there for now. Check for the water conditioner tomorrow, check your water, also you can still let the water sit for 24-48 hrs for the next water change .
You can just rinse the 2 gall i guess with warm water until we figure out what wrong and you can put him there again.
Not sure what water conditioners you have in your stores since you in Serbia. But just look for the water conditioner that Removes Chlorine, Chloramine and Ammonia,Detoxifies Nitrite & Nitrate. Prime by Seachem is the best water conditioner. If you confused with water conditioner google it or let the forum know people will help you .
I hope he will feel better , let us know how he doing.

Last edited by ANHEL123; 09-12-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #27 
Jovancheck

I agree that it's not the size, but i am wondering if it is a plant? Maybe there's something wrong with it, and that's maybe what affected him...Ok, thank you, i will ask about a conditioner tomorrow, but i'm not sure that they have Prime..They have Sera (AQUTAN, NITRIVEC-mine, TOXIVEC) and Tetra (TORUMIN, VITAL, CRISTAL WATER, EASY BALANCE, AQUA SAFE) That's about it.....Thanks for your help!
Old 09-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #28 
ao
TFK Moderator

Ok so I got some photos for you rather than a video as my tank walls are very algae covered

This is my plakat when he's by himself, see how he anchors himself down under the plant? he wants to take a break. he actually sits there for quite a while, before having a flaring contest with his new neighbour... he does look a little unhappy when he is like this. but don't worry, this is how he usually is.

This is him when I take off the lid. he very eagerly leaves his post at the bottom of the tank and come up to gobble some pellets...

Old 09-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #29 
ANHEL123

He is cute:)
I am driving crazy with all those water conditioners names. I google and i ask someone. I am reactant to give advice. Looks like Aqua safe is good when i read description but i am not sure about that is says in the description that it support develop bb in the filter. Is it ok if tank is not cycled?
http://www.entirelypets.com/aquwtrco...FQ5nOgod8T0AsQ

Tetra Crystal water i read bad review for .
Not sure about others, i am wondering what they use in the stores. The store has bettas so ask them which one they are using.

Also you was wondering if the problem can be the plant? What kind of plant it is, can you remind to as?
Old 09-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #30 
ao
TFK Moderator

I'm still convinced that the symptoms he listed are a from a betta not yet used to water flow :) hopefully that's all it is....

Tags
depressed, stressed, unhappy