Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-12-2013, 12:07 PM   #1 
AnimalLov3

Story

So I thought it would be nice to share a little story about the power of animals...

I'm 15, and frankly rather messed up in the head. And messed up in general. But I won't go into that detail seeing as nobody wants to read that..

My parents are...well. Kind of hippies. They don't like the idea of taking medicine for something mental, or anything unless its life or death. They are all about the natural wayyyy. *mystical flailing*

For...5 years now? I've had a cat. And a month ago I got my Betta, Earl. Since I got them they are my main reason of living. They make me laugh when I'm upset, my cat will come and cuddle me when I'm stressed or anxious.

Okay this is less of a story then just me rambling my thoughts but whatever.

I strongly believe in the therapeutic powers of animals. I do believe they can sense what we're feeling.

Now I do admit my animals are therapeutic for me, I know that if I died my cat would be put in a shelter and put to sleep, because he's not terribly friendly to new cats or new people. And Earl would probably be killed(by accident.)

But they are also very strong leading causes to me having mental breakdowns haha.. When my cat kneads me it hurts, (which he is tearing my pants as we speak.. I need these pants not to be torn they are my volunteer pants!) and in all honestly Earl makes me very upset sometimes. I was afraid I was stressing him out trying to get him out for a water change, he gives me MANY little heart attacks when he stops moving(I've woken him up so many times... I can't help it! I panic.), and the fact that he runs away from me and flares at me upsets me because I think I'm doing something wrong.

Yeah... That's kind of all... ^-^' I'm rambly sorry.
AnimalLov3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:20 PM   #2 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
I'm sorry about whatever it is your going through, but your absolutely right! My cat always snuggles me to get me to wake up in the morning, and it gives me some strength. Severus my betta... honestly he hates everyone, but even he can brighten my day! I totally know what you mean by that, animals are just so... great.
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #3 
AnimalLov3

My cat gets locked in the sunroom during when he's not with me and at night with the 2 other cats...because our dog likes to chase them.

I'm not upset because he hates everyone, I'm just worried I'm doing something wrong. Although I think some of the things I've taken as him stressing out aren't actually that...

I honestly like animals more then people...thus why I'm a volunteer at our local zoo! And hope to do animal shelter volunteering when I turn 16. Also an internship at a local vet clinic has basically been handed to me...she was shocked at my knowledge at 14 haha.

Everyone says animals are stupid, cats are stubborn. Fish can't be trained. PFFT. If Earl weren't so skittish he would be getting trained. My cat knows how to sit on command and we're working on come and then sit when you come.

I want to work with people who train movie animals. I want to do animal shows. But i don't know how to do either...when I'm older I'm going to be an ALL animal vet, fish included!! Fish, wild animals, zoo animals, pets, farm animals, EVERYTHING.

Haha people say I dream to big ^-^'
AnimalLov3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

There is no reason you can't be what you want to be. Keep dreaming big!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #5 
cowboy

One of my bettas I gave to my mom did nothing but flare at me every time I walked by him. I kept thinking, really? After all the care I give lol. So that's not just you!
cowboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:34 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

That's just a part of their nature. Don't take it personally, like they hate you. Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:46 AM   #7 
Polkadot

I definitely agree in the power of animals.They definitely know when you need a hug or anything,my beautiful dogs are very sensitive sweeties who know my moods better than me for sure.Just giving them a cuddle and getting cuddles from them is the best thing ever.Animals are extremely special and it has been proven that they help with stress and anxieties among other things.I definitely prefer animals to people too.And yes, don't take it hard if your little betta flares at you,alot of the time they are just showing off for you when they do that.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote