Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-31-2009, 10:01 PM   #21 
dr2b

Mine only has plastic or a jelly coated type of plants. If you're lucky you'll find a silk plant on clearance that is on its last leg lol.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:07 PM   #22 
dramaqueen
Banned

I had a nice one in Jaden's tank that he absolutely loved and it came apart and I had to throw it out.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:14 PM   #23 
Starbright

I can't wait for the pics and gratz to the new betta! :D

I wanted a fish thanks to being envious of my friend with a cute guppy in a 1/2 gallon bowl. Now she upgraded to a 16 gallon community and I have 4 tanks Darn that guppy...
Starbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 08:28 AM   #24 
doggyhog

He sounds beautiful!! Yep, they are SO addicting.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:13 PM   #25 
PenninInk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2b View Post
I'm not sure whether to go there or my lfs. My Petsmart doesn't carry silk plants. I'm thinking I should just go to the store that sells silk plants...
My petsmart does.

I'm planning on getting one for Bianco when I go to buy his heater.

He's in a 2 gallon tank right now...I'm already fantasizing about upgrading him to five gallons. And I just got him yesterday! ^.^
PenninInk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:16 PM   #26 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think a 5 gallon would be very nice for your betta. :)
Old 08-04-2009, 03:57 PM   #27 
dr2b

I know Flair loved it when I moved him from 2.5 gallons to 5. I think Bianco will love his 5 gallons. I wish Petsmart carried silk plants here. I finally got a great Eclipse System 6 off Craigs list with the heater and digital thermometer. I gota get it really clean, but I have been searching all day long for the bio-wheel replacement. Everyone carried every Bio-wheel except the one I needed. So now all I really need is to give the tank a really good cleaning and let it set up for a night or so.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:25 PM   #28 
PenninInk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2b View Post
I know Flair loved it when I moved him from 2.5 gallons to 5. I think Bianco will love his 5 gallons. I wish Petsmart carried silk plants here. I finally got a great Eclipse System 6 off Craigs list with the heater and digital thermometer. I gota get it really clean, but I have been searching all day long for the bio-wheel replacement. Everyone carried every Bio-wheel except the one I needed. So now all I really need is to give the tank a really good cleaning and let it set up for a night or so.
I'll have to wait a few weeks for Bianco's upgrade, when I have the money. Right now I'm paying very close attention to his tank, and he seems really happy. (They had him in a cup and a half of dingy blue water >.<). My 2 gallon is beautiful, it's a cylinder with a central under-gravel filter and an LED light system that lets me change the color of the light. He's got a plastic plant for the moment, but as soon as the tank settles in and develops some of that oh-so-helpful bacteria it needs, the plastic is GONE and I'm replacing it with one of the gorgeous live plants they have at PetsMart.

My PetsMart is incredible. We have a PetCo but it's kinda dirty and their selection is minimal, while PetsMart is full of high-end goodies and the staff are really passionate about the animals in the store, and the ones people bring from home. We've even got a grooming parlor and obedience school in the store! There's also a kennel room where they house cats from the local feline rescue for two weeks to help them get adopted, and there's almost always someone in the adoption room when I visit them. ^.^
PenninInk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:43 PM   #29 
MrVampire181

The blue water is methylene blue. I like it when they do this because it keeps them from getting sick while in the cups. My petsmart fish are always healthy.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:45 PM   #30 
dramaqueen
Banned

My Petsmart fish have always been pretty healthy too.