Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #1 
Soyuki

Gamers and Comic Nerds out there?

Was wondering if anyone here is a gamer (beyond casual iphone games) and what they play as well as if anyone reads comic books.

I am playing:
Elder Scrolls Beta (I can't talk about it but yay :D )
Little Big Planet 2
Assassin's Creed
Skyrim
Pokemon X (if you ask I will help you get any pokemon you need! I have extra Vulpix's too :3 )

My comic shop puts aside for me to read:
Justice League
Justice League of America
Superman
Superman Unchained
Pathfinders
Forever Evil
Superman and Wonderwoman
DC & Masters of the Universe
Saga

And my favorite all-time Comic Book Hero/Series:
Hawkman & Savage Hawkman

Favorite Villains (I'll pick 2):
Lex Luthor
Magneto

(And yes I'm more of a DC fan but I don't hate Marvel, just don't like it as much as I do DC. And yes, I like the new 52 because I've seen an increase in people buying DC comics and taking interest and that's wonderful!)
Soyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #2 
sandybottom
Reference Team

from what you have listed assassins creed and skyrim. right now i am into dragons dogma:dark arisen.it is kinda like a cross between skyrim and dark souls.
sandybottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:16 PM   #3 
Soyuki

When you say it's a bit like Dark Souls... does that mean in life crushing difficulty or game play? I want to check that out but I've heard such a mixed bag of reviews and so many copies ended up in the used section the week after ;_;
Old 11-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #4 
sandybottom
Reference Team

it is like dark souls in the way that you can go anywhere right away,like for instance you can go to fight a dragon right away even though you are a low level character, and of course you will die right away.this is assuming you can get to said dragon,past any number of monsters. alot of games are linear,and will only expose you to certain bosses at certain times with required upgrades and level caps. at the beginning on the normal setting it is quite difficult.dark souls is harder.i like dragons dogmas' story line better though. as far as copies of dark souls for sale a week after,it was probably one of two things,it was just not their cup of tea or it was how difficult the game is.like it says on the back of the game...prepare to die...alot. there is a new dark souls coming out around christmas, i think. i am going to wait a while though. i still need to pick up ac4,waiting for cyber monday for that one.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #5 
Niece

Used to play WOW a lot, and pokemon.
Haven't bought the new poke games yet though.
Fable is awesome. Love those games.
Niece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:09 PM   #6 
sandybottom
Reference Team

i loved the fable games when they came out. there was one point that i was cheesed about. i think it was fable 3. there is a part where you have to find a large amount of books throughout the fable world.it takes forever,and there is not a worthwhile pay off. other than that they are pretty entertaining. was hoping they would put a new one out,but alas, it seems that they are not.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:16 PM   #7 
Niece

They are after the new xbox comes out I believe.
Niece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:29 PM   #8 
Soyuki

I'll give Dragon's Dogma a try, open world is what I love about Skyrim. I loved the first Fable and was 'meh' by the second and disappointed by the 3rd because it didn't seem to matter what you did, you still had to 'save the world' even if you didn't want to. Then it just became a "Guess I'll grind money." thing. I also did the book thing and was severely disappointed. :/

I used to be such a huge nerd for Microsoft then they just kept disappointing me so it's all in for Sony for the most part. Can't wait till I get a PS4 and when my friend gets Watchdogs I'll play the cross-play on the Vita with him (assuming it still works that way at release).

Though I won't get an xbone, I'm curious to see how people are liking that Rise: Son of Rome and Dead Rising 3, both got some bad reviews but they looked intriguing (Most Microsoft games eventually get ported to the PC so it's just a matter of waiting I suppose).

Also... Steam Winter Sale soon :D

And there are tales of Fallout 4 too... delicious sinful tales.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:33 PM   #9 
sandybottom
Reference Team

it will be a long time waiting for me then. i do not trust the first run of new consoles ,or the price for that matter. they finally got the 360 right, remember the red rings of death? it took quite a few years to iron out that bug. and they are not going to abandon the 360 yet. there is still a large roster of games coming out for it. if they did they would lose tons of money between game sales and xbla, and they love their money. i also do not like the fact that the new console depends on being online to work properly.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:54 PM   #10 
Soyuki

I dislike a lot of things about the XBONE and how quickly they can turn on and off features (I can see them updating and people and there usual tendency to not read through ToS just clicking "I Agree" and suddenly all the old problems are back).

I found it humorous too that on the every2minutes contest (trying to win an xbox so I can sell it for a PS4... or just money) that it shows a red ring when you enter the code....

But yeah I'm weary of both because of that. First releases are always buggy because they haven't been truly tested by the average consumer. They'll fix the issues... or not (*cough* Microsoft *cough*) and re-release slim versions. It's also the time when all the shoddy workmanship shows in the controllers and systems. If things overheat, snap off easily, ect. they will update and replace. And if you wait you usually have a much better library to choose from, unless you're the Wii U... then you have the same library from the Wii but with slightly less grainy graphics (I'm still saddened by how Nintendo has just let itself go in the higher end console department, they're still kicking a reasonable amount of arse in the handheld.)

I predicted that Sony's controllers would have issues or the console eat discs and the XBOX will have system failures. Waiting on Sony but I guess the XBOX is living up to the system failure, horrid tales of the "Green Screen of Death" is a bit haunting. And you can still troll your friends by saying "XBOX off" if they have voice enabled.

Despite my dislike of Microsoft I do want it to do well, so don't think I'm all hate. Two strong competitors mean a healthy market, if Nintendo would stop sniffing glue they'd be in this game because I liked the idea and concept of the Wii, and it pioneered some changes in both Sony and Microsoft (however terrible they turned out to be.... oh Kinect... hate you. Sony Move, hate you more but at least you're a bit more optional).

Oh if you get a PS4, go through the manual there is a voucher for 10 (or more) PSN dollars and PSN games transfer through systems. I bought Castlevania: SotN on my PS3 and can play it fully on my Vita and it will work on the PS4 :D
XBOX has the trial of Live but I think most of the Live titles transfer, they were super sketchy on if they did or not.