Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-14-2013, 03:00 AM   #1 
tilli94

Red face Night owls?

So it's once again 4 am and I can't sleep. I don't see a lot of activity on here at night and I know that I can't be the only night owl here. So who else finds themselves wide awake at ungodly hours and what do you do to pass the time?
tilli94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:18 AM   #2 
GinjaHaZ

-raises hand- I do... so much that I can't get up for my morning class. -.- But I usually watch something on netflix or peruse through tumblr or instagram. It's 3am where I am soooo not much to do. Right now, it feels great outside, but can't sit outside and look at the stars or go anywhere without getting a horrible smell from a metal manufacturing plant. lol
GinjaHaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:55 AM   #3 
tilli94

It's going on 5 here and I've laid in bed watching X-men over and over for about four hours now :/ I alternate playing on my ipad with attempting to sleep but at this point I'm going to stay up to go see if I can catch this goldfish right around sunrise. We get dumpster odor up here. It's a lovely mix of BO and rotten cheese. So I feel your pain
Old 09-14-2013, 04:07 AM   #4 
GinjaHaZ

I've been watching Soul Eater since 4pm yesterday. lol I usually fall alseep about 6 or 7am and that's when I have to be up for classes on the week days. -.- I have to fix this like now, but I have no idea how.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:14 AM   #5 
tilli94

:/ same. It sounds horrible but I have work at 9am on Tuesday and I'm panicking because it usually takes me like a week to get back into a "normal" schedule. One thing I do is ill take off my glasses when I lay down and don't put them back on until morning because it makes my eyes burn so much that I almost have to sleep to make them feel better. People always tell me to turn everything off and just lay there but when I do that I have panic attacks because I think too much, and make myself stressed
Old 09-14-2013, 04:31 AM   #6 
GinjaHaZ

I'm in the same boat when it comes to over thinking. -.- I was going to take some Zquil to make myself sleep but it's like $18 at my local walmart..which is extremely ridiculous. I eventually get tired enough I just fall asleep since social media is so dead at night.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:09 AM   #7 
tilli94

Yeah. That's the downside to being awake all night. Plus I can never find enough good shows on Netflix to keep me occupied until I'm tired. Melatonin worked for me until I had to stop taking it. I never got the "hangover" I got from some other meds I used to sleep.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:22 AM   #8 
GinjaHaZ

There really isn't much on Netflix. Most of the animes suck, and I'm so burnt out on Family Guy, Futurama, American Dad, South Park, etc... that that eliminates half of Netflix right there. I've taken Ambein a few times before, but i try to stay away from it since it's like some of the powerful stuff that's out there.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:57 AM   #9 
tilli94

I liked melatonin because I read positive things about it. The only reason i stopped melatonin is because i was diagnosed with a thyroid problem. I tried a few other over the counter meds and none of them seemed to do much for me. Then the prescription stuff just made me a zombie. So now I just deal with its best I can
Old 09-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #10 
GinjaHaZ

That makes me remember. One time I took a diet pill, and on the first month I was running on 3 hours of sleep every day. But always woke up early feeling great... buuut after that first month, I was a zombie too. Lol oh the joys of medicine.