Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-02-2009, 08:43 PM   #11 
Vikki81207

I used Wardleys Ich Meds and it's awesome! About $3 at Walmart. Get it. I think it will do him good. I know you might be short on money, but hey when I bought it for Fishy I paid in change. Its worth it.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:44 PM   #12 
TianTian

THanks, Vikki. Maybe if he's no better tomorrow I'll see if I can find some. If not, I might just go to my local fish store (where I bought Taco from) and see if I can't get some help there.

Tian-Tian hasn't changed a whole lot. Still making efforts to swim normally, then resting for long periods of time. I'll fast him for tonight and see how he's doing in the morning.

Thanks for the well-wishes and advice, everyone. Let's hope he pulls through.
TianTian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:53 AM   #13 
TianTian

Well, no change in his state today. Just the same as he was last night. I think I'll fast him his morning meal and decide if I'll fast him for evening when the time comes.

He's flaring normally at Taco (when I remove the visual divider between the two tanks) so I know he has some fight left in him, yet! :)
Old 08-03-2009, 10:38 AM   #14 
photochic88

help? i think something is wrong.

sorry wrong thing.

Last edited by photochic88; 08-03-2009 at 10:43 AM. Reason: wrong thing
photochic88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:42 AM   #15 
photochic88

sorry i posted mine on this...
photochic88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:00 AM   #16 
TianTian

That's okay. :)

Still no change on Tian-Tian... hmmm.... this is really a mystery to me.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:10 AM   #17 
TianTian

Hee, I feel silly writing on my own post by myself, but I feel I should at least document everything I've tried to do.

So I just put Tian-Tian's submersible heater into the tank. Since it's really hot here in summer I haven't felt the need to keep it in the tank until now. I am convinced that, since Tian-Tian is sick, his immune system is making him think he's cold and so he huddles at the bottom of his tank.

I'm hoping, too, that the heater will help kill off the remaining ich in the tank.

Question: Should I cover the heating pad? It's supposed to be covered with gravel, but since I got rid of the marbles I've attacked it to the side of the tank. I don't think Tian-Tian would be dumb enough to go burn himself on it... would he?
Old 08-03-2009, 11:19 AM   #18 
Vikki81207

I don't think he would. But if he's still got ich I advise meds soon. Ich kills quickly. I came up with this idea. Today I took Fishy out of his tank and gave him a salt bath, because for some reason the white spots fall off in a salt bath then I quickly took him out and put the wardleys in his cup to kill anything. Then in his 2 gallon bowl I super overdosed the meds (he's still in the cup) I was hoping that if I overdosed meds then rinsed well with hot water, that it would kill everything. So if you get that Wardleys' stuff you could try that.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:21 AM   #19 
neenjar

Raise the heat up to about 86 degrees, Ich can not survive that temperature. your fish will become very lazy in the hot water, but should be able to manage it. Raise it slow though to keep temperature stress to a minimum.

Also note, when the spots seem to go away, that is when it is reproducing in the substrate and comes back even stronger.

Best of luck with treatment.
neenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:27 AM   #20 
TianTian

I'll see if I can get to the store later today. I need to buy more water conditioner, anyway, lol. :)

Well, the temperature has been rising slowly, but steadily. Tian-Tian has made more swimming efforts, but otherwise has not done much else. He was swimming just a moment ago but he's back to sulking in his castle again.

Thanks for the support, y'all!