Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-02-2009, 09:20 PM   #11 
Vikki81207

I would do daily salt baths. There's a thread for that in the Emergencies section. Do those about 5 times a day, or as much as you can. And if you think it's not getting better, then use the JFE.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:02 PM   #12 
AngelicScars

Would it be possible if they could be treated in the same tank since they both have the issue?

Vikki, I was so thinking about mailing you some of the JFE! I've been thinking about what I would put it in! Haha!
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:03 PM   #13 
puppyrjjkm

Is this what you are talking about? http://www.gardenlink.com/catalog/im...earproduct.jpg
If so, I had some on hand, and treated my tank. I left them in the same tank, is that a bad idea? I have no quarentine tank on hand at the moment...

And what causes fin rot? Any other treatments? How long till I should see results? Thanks, I want my fish to get better!
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:07 PM   #14 
AngelicScars

Jungle Fungus Eliminator is what we are talking about. It's a bit stronger then that.

There are different things that cause fin rot, one of the most common is unclean water.
Salt baths are a great starter and it keeps you from starting them on strong meds if you can avoid it.
As far as a quarantine, you can pick up like a half gallon or a gallon tank to do the salt baths in.
I have half gallons that I picked up from walmart for $5 for purposes like that.
Good luck!
Old 08-02-2009, 11:10 PM   #15 
puppyrjjkm

Okay and I don't have the salt... I can just get that at my local pet store? And is this usually easy to get rid of?
Old 08-02-2009, 11:13 PM   #16 
AngelicScars

Aquarium salt should be at any local pet shop. It can be easy to get rid of if you catch it early and start treating immediately.
Oh, and a water change in their tanks would help a lot too. Maybe change 50% of the water twice a week or so until they heal.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:16 PM   #17 
puppyrjjkm

Okay, I'll do a water change first thing tomorrow. Thanks for all your help! I might not have caught it without your guy's help!
Old 08-03-2009, 08:39 AM   #18 
puppyrjjkm

I treated with the product I posted a picture of, should I just follow the directions and continue treating?
OR
One website I looked at said do a 100% water change, should I do this then treat with the aquarium salt, so as to "get rid" of the other product I used?

Thanks!!
Old 08-03-2009, 11:30 AM   #19 
Vikki81207

lol really? Neenjars got that taken care of. Thanks for the thought though. It's nice to know people want to help out. I dont' know what I would have done about Ember, and now Fishy too.
You can get the aquarium salt at Walmart, that's where I get it. But if you want a bigger container, get it at a pet store. Hope everything gets better.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 05:13 PM   #20 
puppyrjjkm

well i know your not really suppose to do this, but i did a 100% water change in the 10 gallon that these guys are in. will the new water do the trick or should i start salt baths? to be honest i'm nervous to do a salt bath...