Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-04-2009, 08:04 AM   #1 
Lynn08

Exclamation Is this going to bother my bettas?

Okay.....so I went to petsmart yesterday and bought more bettas. However my two males are in a split tank for now. (until I get paid this friday and I can purchase another tank.) The divider is clear and they keep flaring up at each other. Will this stress them out too much? I have a 10g tropical fish tank and a 2g with female bettas so I have no where else to home him for now. Im worried. He was so beautifull I couldnt NOT buy him, before someone else snatched him up!
Lynn08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:59 AM   #2 
Vikki81207

All dividers are clear. It's okay. I would start searching around the house for something to keep the other betta in for now. I used a punch bowl and a vase. You could even go to Walmart and get a super cheap vase, or even the dollar store they have vases.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:14 AM   #3 
bubs128

Betta's love to flare. If they keep doing it, it'll probably be better for you to buy a two separate tanks. And I also, agree with Vikki81207, you can go to Walmart or the dollar store to get a vase. Just make sure they don't jump out, you can make a lid with holes. Buy two vases or two of something else lol. Hope this helps. :)
bubs128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

I wouldn't keep 2 females in a 2 gallon because they'll fight. If you have anything to put by the divider, like plants or something, that would help to keep them from seeing each other.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:09 PM   #5 
Crowntail Queen

yea i agree with vikki81207 too. My last betta even flared up looking at the picture of another betta on the food lable so i always made sure to turn it around haha. I knew it was stressing him out too. I went to the dollar store like 2 yrs ago and had my last betta in a very nice vase that i got from there and he seemed to really like it.
Crowntail Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:25 PM   #6 
AngelicScars

It's normal for them to flare at each other, but if they are doing it all day then that's not a good sign. If you want to continue to keep them in the divided tank then make sure there are plants in front of the divider to help block there view. Also, having a nice little cave or some sort of hiding place for each Betta would be great as well.
How big of a tank are the in? I would make sure that it is at least a 5 gallon that you are dividing, NOTHING smaller then that.

I also agree with drama, there is no way you should have more then one female or any fish for that matter in a 2 gallon tank. 2 gallons are just large enough for one Betta. I would highly suggest removing all but one female and have separate bowls for all of them. If they haven't fought yet, they will and you will have dead fish in the end.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:14 AM   #7 
Lynn08

Finally made it to petsmart again....They all have their own homes now :)
Lynn08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:13 AM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

Sounds good! :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:11 PM   #9 
rb500

Congrats on the new betta! and sounds like your girls/guys have great homes!
rb500 is offline   Reply With Quote