Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-16-2010, 01:29 PM   #1 
Yellowsno

betta eggs

so ive been watching my bettas and today they finally embraced then after a while the male started chasing the female so i seperated the female thinking the whole thing is done... but i havent seen the male go to the bottom of the tank to pick up eggs and place in the net during the whole embrace... how should i know if there are even eggs in the nest because there are times hes at the next then there are times where he wanders the tank...
Yellowsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:14 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Sometimes you can see the eggs in the nest, but the male will tend the nest and stay under it and mouth the eggs, continue to build and watch for fallers, if he is not tending the nest they may not have spawned or completed the spawning act.

How long did you leave them together? usually when they are done she will leave and hide and he will not chase her unless she tries to approach the nest and then he usually will not follow for very far and quickly return to the nest to tend to the eggs.
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:47 PM   #3 
Yellowsno

about 8 hours they were together i saw them swim around with each other stop and drop to the bottom but i didnt see eggs after about the 8th hour he just started chasing her and she was running he didnt stay by the nest he chased her outside of the nest...
Yellowsno is offline   Reply With Quote