Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-16-2013, 12:26 PM   #1 
Kittiesdragons

Any snake lovers?

Sooo I never thought I'd say this but I fell in love with a rosy boa the other day and I really really wish I could take him home I'm so sad that I had to leave him, he was so sweet and cool but every time I try to explain that to others they look at me as if I am very strange and that all snakes are going to eat them or something This makes me feel really sad since I just want people to see how awesome snakes can be....
Kittiesdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #2 
crumpledpaper

I know how you feel, going to the pet store can be so hard!

I myself do enjoy snakes, they're really quite beautiful, though I probably won't be getting one anytime soon, my entire family thinks they're revolting. *sigh* :(

I hate to admit it, but I used to dislike snakes not too long ago, but when my friend introduced my to hers, I began to like them quite a lot! :)
crumpledpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #3 
Kittiesdragons

I never disliked them per say but I was little scared of them and a little fascinated at the same time. I held an eight foot 50 lb albino python named baby too! It was a learning experience for sure. I just didn't want to put the rosy down... he was soooo pretty.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:22 PM   #4 
JustinieBeanie

I've always adored snakes yet have never owned one, but I have to say, a rosy would be my first choice, I love them!
JustinieBeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:25 AM   #5 
Kittiesdragons

Rosys are so cool! I got to hold a tarantula too! That was really fun this out of a girl who was terrified of spiders! LOL
Old 09-18-2013, 03:57 AM   #6 
JustinieBeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittiesdragons View Post
Rosys are so cool! I got to hold a tarantula too! That was really fun this out of a girl who was terrified of spiders! LOL
Love tarantulas too! What species did you hold? Don't have any of those either, mostly because of the live food situation (roaches, crickets etc.) and how my family might feel about me having those in the house ;)
JustinieBeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #7 
Kittiesdragons

I held a Chilean Rose Hair She/he was very pretty. Yea I don't think my roommate would even come back into the house if I brought home either a snake or some sort of massive insect or arachnid! She might go screaming the other way!!
Old 09-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #8 
betta lover1507

People pretty much Symbolize snakes for being "evil". One known reason is in religion with the Adam & Eve story, for the snake symbolized the devil. Another thing is that some snakes are known for aggression or venom, so people either think snakes are venomous and dangerous, or aggressive and dangerous xD but they are like dogs, it just how you treat them c:

I personally own a snake, he is a Ball Python named "Solomon" and one of the sweetest darlings <3
and don't let anyone else judge you for what you like, if you like snakes and others don't, then so be it. That's their problem, and just remember you aren't the only one
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:40 PM   #9 
TakingthePlunge

I too have a ball python -- Sgt Slithers has a picture up in my "fuzzies" album. He's a sweet boy, if a bit timid. I don't like the 8-legged variety of crawlies, but I love pretty much everything else out there. I would have a zoo, if I could!
TakingthePlunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #10 
betta lover1507

Never got into crawlies myself xD and I don't plan to haha
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote