Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #21 
Blue Fish

It's looking beautiful!! :) I love the driftwood for height and interest, and the chistmas moss looks fantastic on it. :)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:29 PM   #22 
gorillakev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Fish View Post
It's looking beautiful!! :) I love the driftwood for height and interest, and the chistmas moss looks fantastic on it. :)
Thank you bluefish, I'm hoping it will fill in more nicely after I battle this hair algae
gorillakev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #23 
gorillakev

Time for an update. The past week I've been having lots of issues with this tank. As far as having plant loss and co2 issues.

We'll my HC as I expected isn't doing so well, I'm going to have to figure out a new foreground plant that's good with medium light.

On my co2 I almost gassed my in cycle guppies, so I had to pull my ada drop checker out of my other aquarium and put it in here. I also opted for co2 on a 8hour period when I have the lights on, it was to hard to maintain the co2 24/7. Co2 is currently set at 1 bubble per 4 seconds. When I shut my lights and my co2 off the drop checker is at a yellow green.

My cycle is done, but my soil is still leaching out ammonium. I'm going to wait a week or 2 till I add my betta in. Hopefully the flow in this tank isn't to strong for her.

I'm still battling algae also, it's looks like most of the hair algae has died off. The thing is now the tank looks like there's a spider living in there, since all the hair algae turned white. I still have to handpick out the dying algae everyday.

On to the pics

Here's the HC not doing so well. Covered in hair algae, plus I don't know how that random piece of rotala started growing in there

ADA drop checker when I first turn the lights on

Front view

Side view
Old 10-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #24 
MichelleA

Wow that looks amazing. I have enjoyed following this post. I have terrible luck with plants lol Great job
MichelleA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:10 PM   #25 
carlos puron

I see you're not using the original light and filter how does the whole tank looks like cause I have two fluval chi but I didn't want to remove filter because of the fountain so I can only grow java moss in there I want to have an idea of the whole set up cause y have them in my living room as lamps on my ending tables and that fountain looks good but I want to do something different but good looking at the same time
carlos puron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #26 
gorillakev

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleA View Post
Wow that looks amazing. I have enjoyed following this post. I have terrible luck with plants lol Great job
Thank you for you your comment much appreciated. Ever since I rescaped this tank I've been having problem after problem, hopefully it will all balance out soon.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #27 
gorillakev

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos puron View Post
I see you're not using the original light and filter how does the whole tank looks like cause I have two fluval chi but I didn't want to remove filter because of the fountain so I can only grow java moss in there I want to have an idea of the whole set up cause y have them in my living room as lamps on my ending tables and that fountain looks good but I want to do something different but good looking at the same time
When I got this fluval chi, I got it only as a tank, so no other stock equipment was included. I like this tank for its dimensions, I wasn't really into the built in filter and light. I knew the stock filter and light wouldn't be adequate enough for what I was planting.

You can add anubias to your tank, they don't really require lots of light. Just a suggestion
Old 10-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #28 
carlos puron

This is how it started my first betta my first 5 gallon before this he gas in a 2 gallonName:  facebook_771580081.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  31.6 KB

Then we moved to thisName:  20130725_213556.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  52.6 KB

Now it's this Name:  20130923_222206.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  60.5 KB

And the second one hasn't been rescape I like how it looks since the beginningName:  20130725_213610.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  50.2 KB

All those plants did very well with stock light that's why don't want to changevthat I know it's nt for more demanding plants but I may do something diferent later I don't see those tanks in the forum very often to get more ideas on light and filter since they're on the living room I don't want to get a big lamp above it or something that would look like office furniture you know but again your tank it's so cool
Old 10-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #29 
Aqua Aurora

Sorry if this was asked already, but what brand of superglue did you use for the moss? How has it held up? No sighs of problems with it leeching anything into the water and messing with the cycling fish?
Aqua Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #30 
carlos puron

Thread I tied it up to the wood