Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-06-2009, 02:56 PM   #1 
bmaher7

Talking Check out my Betta Blog!

Hi. I have a blog! My first blog and it is about my betta fish! I have been taking pictures daily of her and adding a description. Here is the link: http://femalebettafish.blogspot.com/

Also, check out my other post on here and tell me what you think: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=26848

One last question, as you can see in the pictures, I have a live bamboo plant in it. How often should I change my 1 gallon fish tank? Should I just change the water? Should I do a complete cleaning and take everything out? If I did those, what do I do with my bamboo plant??? The reason I am really worried about that is that the roots I think are "planting" themselves into the rock to get a good grip, just like normal roots are supposed to do. If I take the rocks out to clean them, that will move the roots and then when I put the plant back in the rocks, it will have to "reroot" itself. Is that alright? Will the plant die or not grow from all the "rerooting?" Thanks for your replies!
bmaher7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 03:20 PM   #2 
bmaher7

Unhappy

Nobody likes it?
bmaher7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 03:23 PM   #3 
fishyinpa

very cool.
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:20 PM   #4 
RoseyD

bmaher - you could always plant the rooted bamboo in one of those mini- pots. then put that in the tank and surround the pot with the gravel. The bottom roots can either be with a little bit of soil (stick with organic soil though so there aren't any added chemicals in it) then cover that soil with more gravel to keep the soil from floating... - the soil will allow the plant to have some more nutrients.

Hence, the whole cleaning process will be easier for you, just remove plant in pot, and do whatever washing of the rest of the gravel as you wish.

Nice beginning for your blog, but the tank still looks kind of bare... can you make her a little den/cave? :)

Last edited by RoseyD; 08-07-2009 at 04:23 PM.
RoseyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:35 PM   #5 
dr2b

Cool - nice pics on the blog.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:47 PM   #6 
Jynx

you could get a mini suction tube- it will suck all the yuck out of the gravel without disturbing the roots too much
Jynx is offline   Reply With Quote