Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-06-2009, 10:34 PM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

Good luck.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:29 AM   #12 
Crowntail Queen

Well depending on how much you are going to be feeding them, i'd suggest a weekly water change. I've known some people ( my friends) who really feed their bettas a few times a day, and the tank is kinda dirty, and they end up having to clean their tank 2x a week about a 50% water change. It just kinda depends on how much you feed them. Bettas arnt usually that dirty, but you would be suprised to see how much stuff you see when you siphon it ( if thats how you plan on cleaning it)
Crowntail Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:37 AM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

If the tank is going to be cycled then you would take out whatever is needed, according to your water perameters.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:23 AM   #14 
Sorineh

Thank both of you for your help, still not sure what I'll do (cycled or non-cycled) but, when I set it up I'll make a new post with some pics for everyone.
Sorineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:59 AM   #15 
5green

one quick question are you gonna pu them all together at once
5green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:29 PM   #16 
Crowntail Queen

I found the best stuff to cycle my tank with...trust me i have 2 saltwater fish and they are really tough to keep alive in a tank that is not already cycled and mine have been doing great for a month now. its called stress zyme by API. It works soooo good! Not sure whether you can use it for bettas or not, but it works for both fresh and saltwater fish. I would imagine you can, says its safe for all fish, and its not expensive either.
Crowntail Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:21 PM   #17 
Sorineh

Thanks Crowntail Queen, and it depends on whether i can tell how aggressive the females are, on how i put them in.
Sorineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:13 PM   #18 
rb500

I have heard that overcrowding thing too. It was written by a guy who says he's never had a fish kill another, and they are mostly healthy. I wasn't sure about whether it was true or not because it went against everything I had heard. But I did hear that too. lol
rb500 is offline   Reply With Quote