Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #1 
carlos puron

what other companions for my betta ?

Hey guys well I could use some advice I bought this 75 gallon tank that I'm planning to stock on these days it's been cycled and it's ready the problem is that I don't know what kind of fish I have a ct betta that used to be at the community tank with tetras and rasbioras he's now in a 2 gal provisional set up I want to bring him back to the community but I was thinking to have goldfish in the tank so we know that's impossible I was thinking to get some plants and make it a sorority but I won't be able to add cancerberus to that tank I'm attached to the 5 gal minimum for a betta but I don't want another tank so any other suggestions would be appreciated if there's no other option I may get back to tetras thanks for reading
Attached Images

carlos puron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #2 
Kittiesdragons

I think different schools of tetras (especially the larger ones) would look beautiful. Have you see the long finned red minors? They look very elegant and almost have a tiny goldfish like appearance. You could also do some danios as they come in many different colors and are very fun to watch zip back and forth!
Kittiesdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:14 PM   #3 
Weaver

Can I ask, where did you get the bamboo canes? I'd like to try something like that for Kasper. <3 How did you secure the canes to the tank-bottom?
Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #4 
carlos puron

A friend made them for me he actually sells for a local store but he says he has to treat them as you know bamboo sticks float on water so he put some river rocks at one side so it won't float ti tge top because of the rock and that actually keeps them straight
Old 09-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #5 
Tony2632

I had red minors with my betta, but they were eating the fins on my neon tetras. You can try a group of corys (they love sand), oto catfish (amazing sucker fish), amano shrimp (in my opinion the best shrimp), MT snails (helps the sand), and very nice size school of tetras of your liking.
Tony2632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #6 
Elsewhere

I personally prefer Barbs to Tetras, I've found them to be a lot nicer than the Tetras I had previously. And with a tank that size, you could get a larger species that your Betta won't pick on as much :)
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #7 
carlos puron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaver View Post
Can I ask, where did you get the bamboo canes? I'd like to try something like that for Kasper. <3 How did you secure the canes to the tank-bottom?
We May sell some later by order this is the first time he tries With bamboo he usually treats the driftwood this is a new experiment it's been there for almost a month so I guess It worked
Old 09-18-2013, 10:01 PM   #8 
carlos puron

I tried with a school of black phantom tetras witch are the ones he used to live with and I saw some rasboras so I'll get 6 and 6 for now plus some corycatfish maybe get the schools bigger but I want to see his reaction with those two species