Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-19-2013, 12:45 AM   #1 
KeshiaB

Smile Suitable tank mates for an 30L tank?

I'm about to set up a bit of an odd sized tank, 30L or almost 8 gallons. What are some good tank mates I could have with my male betta?

I'd like something that would clean up a bit, stay on the small side and not produce to much waste. I'm planning to plant some anubias, crypt and maybe java moss, also the tank will house a hollow barrel ornament.

Of course the tank will be filtered and heated, not sure on lighting at this stage as the tank will be in a well lit room. In also torn between fish in or fishless cycling but that's another issue...
KeshiaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #2 
Skuldane

Shrimp! Lots and lots shrimp. Start with the cheap ghost shrimp to make sure he doesn't attack them. Don't put the shrimp in with his current tank. If you wait till you put your betta in the new tank after the shrimp he won't be as territorial or aggressive and he will be less likely to attack. Once you see how he Co habitates with them you can get all different kinds of shrimp. They come in so many colors and are hella fun to watch. They are small. Hehe check out a video on YouTube.
Skuldane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #3 
Skuldane

Oh and they are my personal favorite scavengers. They eat anything. They clean sooo well.
Skuldane is offline   Reply With Quote