Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #1 
Mitra

Is my betta stressed with ADF's

Hi I have a 10 gallon cycled, heated (always at 82) and planted tank with 3 separate caves. My bettas body is a dark blue, and his fins are red. Lately the top of his head has lost those shiny blue scales and are now a dull red. YOu can see a patch of what it used to look like (blue scales). The top of his body is slowly becoming the same way it seems. Is this from 8 hours of a fluorescent light (one 6000k, one 650nm). Or is it from the frogs being there? He always avoids them as his caudal fin gets launched at every once in a while (usually just after feeding time). Sometimes my betta will be casually swimming and turn around and see a frog right in his face and shoot away very startled. Anyways, does this loss or change of color sound like stress? He is eating like a pig as always and very very active swimming at every water level.
Mitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #2 
Mitra

Also if the color loss is from stress, will the blue scales come back after a period of being stress free?
Mitra is offline   Reply With Quote