Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-15-2013, 10:36 PM   #111 
ANHEL123

How its going?
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #112 
BettaPrincess13

he's having a string coming out of his butt and he's still gasping and flashing (not often) but he's eating, swimming, pooping daily now. eye swelling went down. he's been doing a lot better (:

I plan to do epsom next week. this week is just clean water so he can take a break from meds for a little while then he goes back in his large tank (:

I know he's still showing symptoms but he didn't do well with one dose of clout so Im not going to take chances. maybe in a month or so if he needs it but I think he's had all he can handle meds wise for now. about 4 different meds for the past month.

he just passed it just now. since 10 am he's been trying and its 5 pm now. just looked at it and its literally a piece of hair attached to poop. maybe it fell in the tank during water changes and he ate it? I can't figure how he ingested that but he finally passed it thank god.
BettaPrincess13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:16 PM   #113 
ANHEL123

wait for blufish advice , she experienced the same problem with her fish . But i really think its not safe to stop medications for long time if he still has them. They will reproduced and he will eventually die. I think its is less dangerous to overmedicate him, than stop while he still has them and they will lay eggs and reproduce, and then you need to treat them all over again. Whatever he has is fatal so it either you need to make sure you get rid of it or he will die.
You saying that he didn't handle medication (clout) very well but obviously he is better so i would continue it. I think that blufish will say the same things.
I think his fins less clamped now too.

I am curious if the poop is normal . It is normal color but i am confused with hair attached , i read that it can be internal paraistes, not sure. Wait for the other advice.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #114 
BettaPrincess13

your right I should be continuing medication cause if not he'll go back to how he was but I'm just afraid if I don't give him time to rest his system will shut down with medication overload ):

all his other poops are normal so far just that one was weird because of the weird hair. it confused me to

EDIT: I put in another dose of Clout. Ill see how he does with it

Last edited by BettaPrincess13; 10-16-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:27 AM   #115 
ANHEL123

I know bluefish also used a few medications before she use Clout. And i know that she was using Clout also for the long time too. So do not stop even for a day. And i think you don't have any choice any way. I think you need to use it until he don't have any symptoms at all ,and actually even a little bit longer after he will stop having any symptoms. Just feed him verities of food , and give him frozen food which is good for the immune system.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:23 PM   #116 
blufish425

I know we talked about this through PM, but be careful with the Clout. Are you sure he still has symptoms? Or is it possibly just moments of crazy betta behavior? My boys dart like idiots and run into stuff all the time, but its not the same as when they were itching they are just being spazzy.
blufish425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #117 
BettaPrincess13

He was scratching and gasping a lot he did just a second ago but I don't know if thats just from effects of damage to his gills from when he did have the flukes or if he still has some. I put clout in yesterday and he is doing a lot better with it than he did the first time around. but I really don't want to give him more clout I feel like it would do more harm that good if used long term. I do plan to do epsom salt next week before putting him in his 10 gal tank to rid of the fluid retention in his eye and flush out anything inside him and stuff. just as precaution.

he pooped about 5 times today all normal brown. he's eating well, finns growing, eye swelling has gone down to almost nothing except a little fluid retention on the bottom of the eye. but I can tell he struggles with his eyesight Im guessing from the pop-eye he had. he's very active and built another bubble nest this morning (: so I think he's come along way but like ANHEL123 said if he does have any flukes left and I don't treat them he'll go back to the way he was. but I can't tell if he has them still or not.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:52 AM   #118 
blufish425

I couldn't tell either until I took a video and sent it to Sakura8. I know it is normal for them to "yawn" on occasion, it looks like they are gasping but they are really flushing out their gills.
blufish425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #119 
ANHEL123

its long time without an update. How is he doing?
Old 10-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #120 
BettaPrincess13

the 10 gal tank is having problems so I have to take it apart and redo everything.

he's ok. he's still having scratching problems though. other than that everything else is gone. just some scratching once in a while and some coughing fits (rarely but they still happen) he's eating and pooping normally everyday a little or 3 times a day now and the eye is pretty much normal again he just has some trouble seeing with it but the swelling gone for the most part. maybe just a little but almost nothing. he just wants back in the other tank but thats going to be a while now since I have to clean out everything due to what we think is a blue-alegae breakout ):