Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-07-2009, 08:49 PM   #1 
bingobongo

Unhappy need advice!!!

wahsup everyone...im new here n i have been readin wat chu guys posted n it really has work for my bettas...

but heres my issue...i have 3 bettas...2 r round-tail males (1 of them is a real fighter n hes won 4 fights so far) n 1 is a female...when i 1st got them they were doin great...very energetic n happy...but now they've seen to be gettin lazier n lazier n started doin nothin except sleep all day...after feeding them...one of my male's face becomes pale after several hours...n the other two jux goes bak to laying down n do nothing...i feed them only dried blood worms...also as for my 2 males...they havent even started building their nest yet...should i be worry about them or r they jux getting old n lazy?

n also...i tried leaving my younger male betta with my female n he got beat up by her, whereas my female looses to my fighter male but my fighter male shows no sign of wanting to mate or i think its my female...anywase any help?
bingobongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:54 PM   #2 
aunt kymmie
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingobongo View Post
(1 of them is a real fighter n hes won 4 fights so far)
Are you purposely fighting your bettas??
aunt kymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:15 PM   #3 
sunkissedinCA

i'm just as curious as aunt kymmie...are you having your bettas fight purposely? and feeding them only dried blood worms can cause lots of problems with them getting constipated, you should get some betta pellets. i recommend hikari betta bio gold pellets, or wardleys pellets, my bettas love them. you can give your bettas the dried blood worms as a treat maybe 1-2 times a week though.
sunkissedinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:47 AM   #4 
dr2b

I was wondering the same thing when I read that - it sounds as if you are just having the fight for the fun of it.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:44 AM   #5 
Vikki81207

I want to know the same thing. Don't be on this website if you fight bettas. It's WRONG!!! We all love our bettas. None of us want to hear that. So please, if you're fighting for entertainment, get off this site. We don't encourage that at all.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:45 AM   #6 
Vikki81207

You can't house bettas together, EVER. And you can't just feed them blood worms. They NEED pellets.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:06 PM   #7 
rb500

yes, don't fight your bettas. that is exactly what it sounds like. this is a betta CARE site, not a betta KILL site. I know i can't change your mind about fighting them if that's what you're doing, but if you do then get off this site because you're not going to get any polite responses about you fighting them. and they need pellets, not bloodworms.
rb500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:02 PM   #8 
bingobongo

i thought they like eating it because they r carnivorous after all...should i switch their food source then?
bingobongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:24 PM   #9 
AngelicScars

I would recommend leaving now if you are fighting your Betta. It's sick and cruel. Don't expect to get any advice from me.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:32 PM   #10 
Amphitrite

bingobongo, several members have already asked if you are fighting your fish deliberately and advised you that bettas need to be housed separately but you have failed to respond. If you wish your bettas to remain happy and healthy it is imperative that you house them seperately, and as a matter of urgency. Please let us know whether you doing this and that you are not fighting your fish on purpose.

Thanks
Amphitrite
Amphitrite is offline   Reply With Quote