Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #1 
AnimalLov3

Dream Items!

So there's all these things about dream bettas(Okay I made one of those too >>' SHHH..) and dream fish, and all that stuff. But what about the ITEMS you want for your fish, but are unable to get currently? ^-^' I'm bad at explaining sorry!

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...AvailInUS%2FNo

I really want to get that for Earl. I think it would be a decent size for him. ^-^ A lot easier to clean to!
AnimalLov3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #2 
RowdyBetta

Right now all of my dream 'items' are live plants. DX I have this list that keeps getting longer, lol. But other than that, I really want a TARDIS for Gallifrey ^^: http://compare.ebay.com/like/1610955...Types&var=sbar
RowdyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #3 
AnimalLov3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyBetta View Post
Right now all of my dream 'items' are live plants. DX I have this list that keeps getting longer, lol. But other than that, I really want a TARDIS for Gallifrey ^^: http://compare.ebay.com/like/1610955...Types&var=sbar
Live plants count! I have one live plant, but I have no clue what I'm doing with it ^^'

I never thought of looking on eBay for aquarium items! *new to this* That looks awesome o3o
Old 09-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #4 
RowdyBetta

Oh swell! =D
Okay, my live plant wishlist X3:
Water Wisteria
Amazon Sword
Moneywort
Microsword
Corkscrew Vallisneria
Java Fern
Duckweed, if I can find some place locally that sells it! ^^
Old 09-19-2013, 04:30 PM   #5 
AnimalLov3

Awesome! I might have to get Java fern and amazon sword, it seem Bettas like them..
Old 09-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #6 
RowdyBetta

Java fern and anubias (or dwarf anubias) are relatively easy to care for. ^^ I think all fish appreciate live plants, it's just up to you which ones you like and have the right lighting and everything for. c:
Water wisteria is my #1 fav so far X3. They grow so fast and I love how they look. Unfortunately, I was hit by brown hair algae and lost most of my wisteria and all of my dwarf anubias -.- My Java moss made it though c:
Old 09-19-2013, 04:48 PM   #7 
AnimalLov3

Would either be suitable for a 1.5 gallon? I don't even begin to know how to care for aquatic plants. I thought you just put them in there and it did the rest! X'D

The only illness I've had to deal with in the..almost two months(Will be 2 months next Friday!) I've had Earl is fin rot! Which is something I'm currently dealing with. Nobody seems to want to reply to anything involving my fin rot issue on this site >>' *tries not to be grumpy about it*

....*googles it*

That reminds me of a current type of lettuce that tastes nasty.. XD But I like it! Earl would probably love those...He likes the types of plants he can swim in and out of. Regardless of that, I want to get him bamboo!

Another thing I want to get him but can't: At PetCo online there is this ADORABLE Candy Corn little cave thing that I wanted to get him to put in for the holidays(I want to get him one for each holiday!) but it says "in stores only" on the website so I'll probably never get it. *sad* I think I will get him a little figure for Halloween though! *rambles*

You know what I hate about owning a betta right now? I'm 15. So I can't get a job. Nor do I really have any say in his living quarters other then what they look like. If it was up to me he'd be in a 10 gallon...or at least the 5.5 I was looking at!

I AM SORRY. I'm a rambler. I'm homeschooled so I'm alone half the day. ^-^' *stops talking*
Old 09-19-2013, 06:02 PM   #8 
RowdyBetta

Sure! ^^ I think either would do well. Both are low light plants and don't really require any extra ferts, IME. c: But you cant bury the rhizome of either - you can tie it to a rock or something and it'll root itself and attach to the pbject over time. ^^

Same here! Except I lost my first boy to dropsy. :'c That was the worst and only other sickness I've dealt with. Anyway, about finrot, just extra water changes and stress coat (not required but speeds up healing) and he'll be as good as new. :3

Bamboo looks cool! ^^ You have to keep it not fully submerged though or else it will begin to rot away. I've never had it myself but it's just what I've researched X3. But yeah, I love wisteria XD. I killed the supposedly easiest plant to grow (anacharis), but my wisteria thrives. ^^

OOO! I saw that on their site! It is adorable! ^^
I found a ton of clearanced decor at PetSmart, oh my geese, thank goodness my sister was with me to stop me from buying everything xD.

I'm turning 18 in five days. c: I'm hoping to apply at my lps. Me no wanna work at the craft store! DX LOL, I got my first betta when I was 15? I think. XD Anyway, I researched EVERYTHING and calculated up initial and yearly costs (lol, I'm a nerd, so sue me XD). At first my dad said no fish. He doesn't like fish. Then I wrote a research paper, stuck it on his bed so he'd see it, and also subtly added that the bettas were $2 off at petsmart. Hehe, he gave in. But onky ONE he said.
Several months ago, he let me have another. X3 And he helped me find a 10g a few days back. c:

The nice thing about 10s, you can almost always find a bargain on craigslist or at Goodwill. I was impatient and bought mine at Petsmart for $13.49 though. X3

And hey! No worries! ^^ I love to chat now and then. And that's so cool you're homeschooled! :D So are my sisters and I! We go through Christian Liberty Academy.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:03 PM   #9 
AnimalLov3

I wasn't sure if they would grow to big or not.. I shall keep that in mind!

Thank you! My sister has actually taken it upon herself to get my dad to buy fin rot medicine because she's had her aquariums a LITTLE longer then me so yeah it's like "I MAGICALLY KNOW MORE THEN YOUR 25936582658 HOURS OF RESEARCH." I don't feel like fighting with her. I may or may not use it.

I shall keep that in mind to...I cant put it through part of his food feeder thing!

I'm unable to go to the stores D: So I won't be getting anything Halloween themed unless I can talk dad into looking..

HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY. I just turned 15 the 6th! :D I would love to work at a craft store...but that's just me. I'm a crafty durp animal lover haha. I wanna work at PetCo or PetSmart. People are like "WHY?! THEIR BETTAS ARE HORRIBLE." But I'm just like, If I worked there...I'd fix that.

My dad was surprisingly okay with it. I went to an Animal Behavior camp and she needed the bettas to get homes after camp ended. He said yes right away. But he said NOOO 10g currently!

I have a really really bad immune system, and as I get older it gets worse, so with the days I'm bedridden, I'd basically be held back again and again. I've never been to school..