Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-13-2009, 02:06 PM   #21 
fishyinpa

Congrats! Good way to celebrate lol. I hate gravel haha. I wanna change Fishys gravel,so much stuff is under there. Its nasty. Im thinking of changing his gravel over to rocks like three of my other tank. Afraid to mess up the cycle though. Would it? Maybe just do a bit at a time. I dunno. Anywho,have fun aquascaping!!
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:02 PM   #22 
rb500

Congrats!! I can get my licence january 16th, my 16th birthday. I got my temps the day of my 15 1/2 b-day so it works out great lol.
rb500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:45 PM   #23 
Kim

Thanks everyone! I am so happy that I finally got it and I don't have to worry about that anymore :)

I just finished changing the substrate in Victor's side of the tank - and I did have fun! I can't wait to do Edelweiss' side, but I will have to wait till next week because I really don't want to mess up my cycle. I'm going to post pics in a little while because I need to add a little water to the tank and let it clear a bit more. Actually, it was not that messy at all! Really, I'm not kidding...Victor's side got slightly cloudy and that's it. It's mostly settled by now and I'm patting myself on the back for rinsing that sand so well :P

rb500 - good luck getting your license! It wasn't really that bad....more waiting than anything.

Fishyinpa - That's funny, I actually love gravel I find it easier to clean and less easy to disturb when doing water changes. I hated the sand, it always got full of green algae and I could never siphon it up. Plus, if you pour the water in too fast it makes a dust cloud. What kind of rocks do you have? I hate the color of the gravel in my other tanks (it's way to orange) so I'd love it if you could post a pic of what you are talking about ;) Oh, and changing it wouln't mess up your cycle...especially if you only have one betta in there. I'd do half at a time just to be sure, but in my 5.5 gallon I cheated and did it all at once and never had a problem. I only have one betta in there though...it would make more of a difference if it was a tank with more fish per gallon.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:37 AM   #24 
5green

which petstore are you aplying 4
5green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:17 PM   #25 
rb500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim View Post

rb500 - good luck getting your license! It wasn't really that bad....more waiting than anything.
Thanks, I think the only problem will be the manuverability. The driving I'm doing really well on, but I'm about 50-50 with the manuverability. lol But there's more time to practice, I only tried it one day so far
rb500 is offline   Reply With Quote