Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-11-2009, 11:56 PM   #1 
CharH

Question Decorations

Do you ever change the decor in your aquariums?
CharH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:03 AM   #2 
bettababe321

Since both of my tanks are fairly new I am always adding plants and new little hiding spaces like my tiki hut In a couple months I may change the gravel or switch to sand.
bettababe321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:05 AM   #3 
CharH

LOL! I would love to change the decorations but my husband thinks I'm insane. My tanks are also new - a few months old. LOL So it can be done without upsetting my little darlings? LOL I guess that's what I'm most concerned about is upsetting them. I have two 10 gallon tanks.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:09 AM   #4 
dr2b

I used to - but since I began using live plants - I pretty much keep things how they are now :)
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:55 AM   #5 
Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharH View Post
LOL! I would love to change the decorations but my husband thinks I'm insane. My tanks are also new - a few months old. LOL So it can be done without upsetting my little darlings? LOL I guess that's what I'm most concerned about is upsetting them. I have two 10 gallon tanks.
Most of them actually like it! It gives them something new to explore and try to intimidate . I always seem to be fiddling with my tanks and my fish seem to love it.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:10 AM   #6 
bettababe321

lol yea when I first put Kokomos tiki hut in there he loved it! he went right to it and didnt come out for like 5 minutes its his "house" now he goes in there at night and is always poking his head out first thing in the morning, its cute.
bettababe321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:49 PM   #7 
Jynx

Yeah my Lulu loves her lantern castle- she likes to hide in there and then pop out suddenly like she's sneaking up on you.
Jynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:39 PM   #8 
puppyrjjkm

Yeah I change my decor quite a bit. But it's funny my new female betta loves to hide in the filter. (not the running one) I have a small filter that came with a 1.5 gallon tank. It is just hooked up to an air pump when the tank is divided. But I turn it off at night and she loves just to lay down inside and poke out her head! :) It's really cute
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:48 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

My Rusty loves to sleep under his bridge. I'm so glad I got it for him.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:48 PM   #10 
CharH

Okay well now that I know it's okay to do - I'll probably do it! Thanks everyone!