Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-21-2013, 10:42 AM   #1 
crumpledpaper

Best 5 Gallon Tanks?

Hello!

So, I'm finally in the position to get a new betta, an I'm really excited! I had a wonderful little 5 gallon tank for my previous betta, and I was planning on using that one. Until I dropped it... and broke it...

So I need a new tank.

Anyways, if you guys could recommend me any 5-6 gallon tanks, that'd be awesome! My main requirement is that it has filter included, but that's about it. Thanks!
crumpledpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:26 AM   #2 
SalsaMom

I recently bought the Hawkeye 5 gallon acrylic tank from Walmart.com.
It includes hood, light, and filter. It was about $26. Shipping was 97 cents and it arrived quickly.
I've done tanks in the past but never one this small, nor one where I'm concerned about keeping the water flow pretty low/slow.

I just now took pics of my proposed set up with filter, heater and some ornaments in place that I'll be posting here in a few minutes so you can see it.

From what I understand I might wind up putting a baffle on the filter - we'll see.
SalsaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:09 PM   #3 
grammymary

I have the 5.5 gallon Top Fin tank (glass) from Pet Smart that came with a hood, filter & light. I really like it but the filter was too strong for my betta so I got a small sponge filter & that works great. I think the tank was about $25 to $29.
grammymary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #4 
crumpledpaper

Thanks guys, I'll check those out! :)
crumpledpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:36 PM   #5 
shadepixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammymary View Post
I have the 5.5 gallon Top Fin tank (glass) from Pet Smart that came with a hood, filter & light. I really like it but the filter was too strong for my betta so I got a small sponge filter & that works great. I think the tank was about $25 to $29.
2nd this. It's a great tank, the filter it comes with is SO quiet and I baffled mine easily with a water bottle.
shadepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #6 
soundwave

I have the Aqua Culture 5 gal from Wal-Mart. Was about $30, has a quiet whisper filter that you can adjust the flow on, a lid and a LED light. I recommend it!
soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #7 
Soph7244

I really like the marineland hex 5. my betta thrived in it his whole life
Soph7244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:09 AM   #8 
NozzALa

I'd probably go with the marineland from Walmart if you want to go cheaper, but if you have extra money I'd go with the Fluval Spec V. I have the spec III and the Specs are a fantastic line of tanks.
NozzALa is offline   Reply With Quote