Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #1 
Mo

Mo's Betta Journal

Well. I thought I'd make myself a journal for my Bettas and myself..

Today : September 21st, 2013

Today I set up two 10 gallon tanks and am considering setting up another one for my new arrivals because I'm not quite sure yet if I should have 3 ten gallons for my new fish or divide one for the pair and keep the other male in his own ten gallon. I still don't know which ones going to be the pair and which male is just going to be backup or a pet... Or for another female. I guess I'll just see how it go's but if anyone has any suggestions I'm open to them

I also made a homemade sponge filter and so far it looks really nice in the ten gallon.

I tried to set up a photo shoot today.... But I can't take good pictures anymore with an iPhone... Lol,

Finished my water changes on the fifteen gallon and am happy to see a ton of growth on my new plants from Petco, maybe the seachem flourish is helping a bit..

Got some auctions set up on eBay for atisons Betta food since no I've wants to buy it in AB or on here. Lol

Meh new fish

Last edited by Mo; 09-21-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:07 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

If you're planning on getting another fish soon then I'd go ahead and divide one. You have a separate tank you use for spawning,right?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #3 
Mo

Yeah. I have 5 ten gallons, two fifteen gallons, a twenty and a five. I think ill use the five for spawning because it's smaller and more controlled especially with Halfmoons. So I guess I'll go ahead and divide it, thanks DQ!
Old 09-21-2013, 07:03 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yeah, I've heard that smaller tanks were better to spawn in. Not as much room for the female to get away from the male. Lol
Old 09-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #5 
Mo

Yeah, especially since I'm breeding half moons, they have heavier fins which makes I harder for them to show off, breeding is very hard on them and a smaller tank just makes it easier, I remember it being a serious problem with my Aquastar Male.

Anyways. I'm posting a picture of my last remaining Betta fish(took this pic about an hour ago). I rediscovered him two weeks ago after I found him in an old filthy tank that had been sitting there for a few months. The tank had like literally an inch of water in it and he survived! I'm happy I found him because I love his personality all much, he's living like a king now In a 16 gallon planted tank with lots of driftwood and a few guppy companions

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  85.2 KB

And I'm throwing in a couple of old baby pictures of him

Last edited by Mo; 09-21-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #6 
Mo

Yeeesh I can't control myself. I see some fish I really want on AB and if they are still there by the time bidding is almost over I'm going to get them. It's a male and a female BTW
Old 09-21-2013, 10:24 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

That bue betta is beautiful. You forgot you had him? lol He must be one tough dude.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:27 PM   #8 
Mo

Thanks! I really like that blue color a lot. And..... Yup. I just completely didn't even know I had him in there. When I couldn't find him I assumed he jumped out somewhere
Old 09-21-2013, 10:31 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm glad you found him and that he's ok.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #10 
Mo

Yeah. I'm glad I'm found him too and that he survived. I was really worried at first but he didn't seem sick at all, just really hungry and skinny