Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #1 
LadyNightraven

Stress Coat question

I bought some Stress Coat + at Petsmart last night. Today I noticed that Rakki has been nipping at his tail again. He didn't take big chunks out of it, thankfully, but it's definitely looking tattered at the edges. I was thinking about adding some Stress Coat to the water, but I don't know how much to put, and the directions on the bottle aren't particularly helpful to me. Rakki is in a one-gallon bowl. How much Stress Coat should I add?
LadyNightraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #2 
cbarger94

The directions call for 5mL for 10 gal, and say that the dosage can be doubled to help heal fins. In which case, the dosage would be 10 mL for 10 gal. So, 1 mL for your one gallon tank will be fine. There should be a 1 mL line on the cap to measure.
cbarger94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:16 PM   #3 
LadyNightraven

Okay, that makes sense. Thank you, cbarger.

One more question that just occurred to me... Since it's +, I know I could use it in place of the usual water conditioner, but can it be used safely with a water conditioner? Or should I wait until we do a water change and just add it instead of the water conditioner?
Old 09-23-2013, 04:53 AM   #4 
Polkadot

Yes it is ok to use Stress Coat with your other water conditioner.I use Prime as my water conditioner & I add Stress Coat (whenever needed) with it also & it's always been great using them together.
Polkadot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:29 AM   #5 
leejohn02

I used to use stress coat plus as my conditioner, now I use prime, you can use it for your water changes without another conditioner whilst ur fish heals, I would add it when you do your water changes
leejohn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #6 
LadyNightraven

Thank you for the replies, everyone. Rakki will be getting a water change tonight, so we'll be adding the Stress Coat + then. I bought some Prime the same night I bought the Stress Coat, so we'll be using that as his conditioner after his fins start healing. Prime is 2 drops per gallon, right?
Old 09-23-2013, 08:54 PM   #7 
leejohn02

Well I go on litres not gallons since us gallons are 4.26 I believe and imperial are less, I tend to add 3 drops per gallon, because too much won't hurt as much as 2 little would
leejohn02 is offline   Reply With Quote