Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-11-2009, 11:29 PM   #1 
CharH

Question Underwater lighting

Hi! My name is Char, this is my 1st post but I've been reading this forum for quite awile. Thank you to all of you for teaching me how to properly care for my Betta's. I have two and both are in beautifully decorated 10 gallon tanks. I have one at work and one at home. I know - I've lost my mind! The darn little things are addictive and I want to save them all!! LOL Anyway...

I've been wanting to purchase some underwater lighting for each tank. The tanks look so dark when I turn the lights out and I've become so attached to my little darlings I don't want them to be in the dark. Especially my little guy at work because he's in the dark the most because of the hours I work and on the weekends I don't get to turn the light on during the day.

Does anyone use underwater lighting when the main lights are turned off? If you do... what do you recommend? I'm looking for submersible lighting.

Thanks in advance!
CharH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:35 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to FishForum. I don't know anything about lighting but I'm sure someone will come along soon and answer your questions.:)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:36 PM   #3 
CharH

Thank you so much!!
Old 08-12-2009, 01:44 AM   #4 
AngelicScars

I don't know anything about under water lighting, but having a cycle of light is a good thing.
Is there anyway you could use a timer at work so they can have light longer?
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:46 PM   #5 
CharH

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicScars View Post
I don't know anything about under water lighting, but having a cycle of light is a good thing.
Is there anyway you could use a timer at work so they can have light longer?
I never thought of that! Great idea... thank you
Old 08-15-2009, 11:03 AM   #6 
BabblingFish

Underwater ("waterproof") lights are doable in most tanks, altho they do emit a certain amount of RF (radio frequency) that may be disturbing to some fish. If you decide to add underwater lights to your tank also make sure they do not emit too much heat as any contact with them may cause discomfort or injury.

try this site: www.environmentallights.com
BabblingFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:44 PM   #7 
CharH

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabblingFish View Post
Underwater ("waterproof") lights are doable in most tanks, altho they do emit a certain amount of RF (radio frequency) that may be disturbing to some fish. If you decide to add underwater lights to your tank also make sure they do not emit too much heat as any contact with them may cause discomfort or injury.

try this site: www.environmentallights.com
I didn't know that Babbling. Thank you for the information. I certainly wouldn't want to do any harm to my little guys.