betta fish

Old 08-15-2009, 09:44 AM   #21 
dramaqueen
Banned

No, I don't have a name yet.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:47 AM   #22 
crowntail lover

Well! As you all know! I LOVE my girlys!!
1.They live just as long as any guy..
2.Taco might be the one to choose, as Tian Tian is the older guy
3.Your houseing space is about the same for the girlys..But I found that my girls need more space then my guys! But of course they are all drama queens! haha
4.I feed mine all the same amount! :]
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:32 AM   #23 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowntail lover View Post
Well! As you all know! I LOVE my girlys!!
1.They live just as long as any guy..
2.Taco might be the one to choose, as Tian Tian is the older guy
3.Your houseing space is about the same for the girlys..But I found that my girls need more space then my guys! But of course they are all drama queens! haha
4.I feed mine all the same amount! :]
Girls need more space because they like to shop and they only wear each outfit once so the tank needs to have a huge walk in closet. LOL. Maybe I should give a female betta to my sister LOL!!
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:40 AM   #24 
doggyhog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
Girls need more space because they like to shop and they only wear each outfit once so the tank needs to have a huge walk in closet. LOL. Maybe I should give a female betta to my sister LOL!!
Hahaha!! I actually HATE shopping. And where my clothes for a couple days. (Heh, i live on a farm...)
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:05 PM   #25 
Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggyhog View Post
Hahaha!! I actually HATE shopping. And where my clothes for a couple days. (Heh, i live on a farm...)
Haha...me too! I live on a farm as well . I walk into a clothing store and I think my brain walks the other way....I just stand there like a dope not knowing what to do until someone yells at me to do SOMETHING!

I love female bettas! In fact if I get another one in the near future it will be a female. Wait, did I just say that? Bad Kim, bad....wow this addiction is really getting out of hand! I think I need a therapist but seriously I think the first thing they would do is tell me to fill the huge, empty shelving unit in my bedroom before I fill it up with bettas. I mean, try resisting with this staring at you all the time! And the shelves below the curtains...they're pretty sparse too - I mean you could condense them and have even more room for betta tanks...just a thought .

Name:  IMG_0247.JPG
Views: 54
Size:  23.8 KB

Anyway, I keep my females in the same tank sizes as the males. If it's a really tiny one I'd say you could go smaller (I wouldn't go smaller than 2.5 still though). In fact, someone just posted some pics of this TINY female that they got in a 1.25 (I think) gallon vase and she has about as much room in there as all my fish do in their 5-10 gallon tanks! I feed them the same amount unless they are really small and can't handle it...but that's the same for smaller males too, or fish with SB problems.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:35 PM   #26 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
LOL! MrVampire, you make me laugh!
Old 08-15-2009, 03:25 PM   #27 
doggyhog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
LOL! MrVampire, you make me laugh!
Ditto!!!! Hahah
Old 08-15-2009, 03:27 PM   #28 
doggyhog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim View Post
OH MY GOODNESS! What I would do for shelves like that.... I'm running out of room on my dresser. No more rescues until I get these guys better!
Old 08-15-2009, 03:35 PM   #29 
dramaqueen
Banned

Those shelves look like they could use a few tanks! lol
Old 08-15-2009, 03:55 PM   #30 
misstephaniexxx

I've had 4 females (one died, the other 3 are in a 10g tank w/ guppies and a frog)

I have a red veiltail, Ruby. She's all red, and the very tips of her fins are green, you can only see it in certain light.

A blue veiltail, Delilah. She's all blue, and her back of her body is a bit darker than her head.

A white veiltaile, Gloria (RIP) her body was white and her fins were blue and red all mixed.

A white crowntail, Roxy. She's white and her fins are mainly a pinkish red with a tad of blue here and there.
misstephaniexxx is offline   Reply With Quote