Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-15-2009, 09:48 PM   #1 
BrOKensHardz

Unhappy Hi new betta owner

Hi im new to betta kepping i bought this 2 guys yesterday i name them firedragon and angelicdemon i need help fire dragons lowerfin seems like a little crampled and angelicdemon has an S line body with his gills always half open whats wrong with that? + his fins have cuts i think this is a double tail croos crown tail
BrOKensHardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 06:53 AM   #2 
Kim

Bettas' fins often get crumpled from sitting in dirty little cups too long. I wouldn't worry about it unless they start to deteriorate.

As for the other one, could you post a pic? Sometimes they are just born deformed and sometimes a curved body is a sign of a disease. Bettas can also "pop a gill cover" and they will appear open all the time. It's no problem though.

What kind of tank do you have them in?
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:42 AM   #3 
Vikki81207

I would just some salt baths.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:12 PM   #4 
Marianne Betta Fish Owner

Hi! We have a sick little Delta Tail Betta and his body is curved to the right. I have posted a question but it is my first time so I am not sure if I did it correctly. I have copied and paste my posted question here as well. Any chance you can help us?
Hi! My son's Delta Tail Betta fish is not feeling well and are acting very strange. We have only had him for about 3 weeks but we have read a lot about the care, cleaning etc and the fish is taken very good care of....We hope, but he has not been interested in food for a long time (2 weeks +) and first we were told that we should try some different food types. We have tried Aqueon Betta Food, BettaMin and freeze dried Bloodworm (only one at the time as a snack-No Interest!). Delta has been staying a lot under the filter and not been very active swimming...less and less. I have now noticed that he is ''resting on the side, sometimes it is like he is resting on his back, he seems to breath slowly and when we changed his water earlier today he was swimming very strange, almost like he did not have any direction control and his body was tilted to one side. We are so worried for him and don't want him to be sick, suffer or die so Please, can you help us with a diagnose and what we can do to help him?It looks like he is twisting/bending his body to the right. When he is suddenly swimming out (very seldom) it is almost as if he is ''crazy''. Is he in pain...what can this be? The water and everything inside the tank is clean, pH is < 7.2 and Ammonia 0 ppm. Hope you can help Delta and us with a good treatment! Kind regards, Marianne (Delta's ''Grandmother'')
Marianne Betta Fish Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:59 AM   #5 
Harley

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianne Betta Fish Owner View Post
Hi! We have a sick little Delta Tail Betta and his body is curved to the right. I have posted a question but it is my first time so I am not sure if I did it correctly. I have copied and paste my posted question here as well. Any chance you can help us?
Hi! My son's Delta Tail Betta fish is not feeling well and are acting very strange. We have only had him for about 3 weeks but we have read a lot about the care, cleaning etc and the fish is taken very good care of....We hope, but he has not been interested in food for a long time (2 weeks +) and first we were told that we should try some different food types. We have tried Aqueon Betta Food, BettaMin and freeze dried Bloodworm (only one at the time as a snack-No Interest!). Delta has been staying a lot under the filter and not been very active swimming...less and less. I have now noticed that he is ''resting on the side, sometimes it is like he is resting on his back, he seems to breath slowly and when we changed his water earlier today he was swimming very strange, almost like he did not have any direction control and his body was tilted to one side. We are so worried for him and don't want him to be sick, suffer or die so Please, can you help us with a diagnose and what we can do to help him?It looks like he is twisting/bending his body to the right. When he is suddenly swimming out (very seldom) it is almost as if he is ''crazy''. Is he in pain...what can this be? The water and everything inside the tank is clean, pH is < 7.2 and Ammonia 0 ppm. Hope you can help Delta and us with a good treatment! Kind regards, Marianne (Delta's ''Grandmother'')
Can you re-post this as a "New Thread" (upper left corner) in the "Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies" forum. That way you can get better help that isn't mixed with someone else's problem
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote