Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-17-2009, 10:29 AM   #21 
ScentedLove

Thats so sad when i went to petco i saw a bug in one of the bettas tank (i think it was a fly) so i told the employee to remove it and he said its just a stupid fish it wouldn't hurt him. I was so pissed.
ScentedLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:30 AM   #22 
dramaqueen
Banned

A couple of years ago, I was at Meijers looking at the bettas and the containers they were in were filthy. I wrote to their headquarters and got a veryt nice reply. They were so sorry that I was upset about the condition of the fish and they said they would look into it. Nothing really changed, though. BUT, the other day I went back to look at the bettas and they were in nicer containers, bigger than you'd see them in at Petsmart and other places. Also, the water looked clean and they had some really nice bettas. I was surprised! Maybe my e-mail helped after all.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:04 AM   #23 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Grrrrrrr!!!! That makes me so mad.

On a better note, the Petco in Quincy MA has a few new employees in the fish department that actually care about the fish. The conditions have improved greatly and although the bettas are still in fairly large cups - each one that i saw yesterday had clean water and looked healthy. The employees are working on management to improve the department so that's refreshing.

I took home two gorgeous males yesterday. One halfmoon and one crowntail.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:24 PM   #24 
Kim

Yeah, my petco cleaned up their act a lot. I get my bettas from them because they are the best place around..which is kinda sad because it's still far from perfect.

Congrats on the new additions Romad!
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:14 PM   #25 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Thanks!!

I have pics. but hope to take more later when I get home from work. I'll pick the best ones and post them under the photo threads.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:16 PM   #26 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
A couple of years ago, I was at Meijers looking at the bettas and the containers they were in were filthy. I wrote to their headquarters and got a veryt nice reply. They were so sorry that I was upset about the condition of the fish and they said they would look into it. Nothing really changed, though. BUT, the other day I went back to look at the bettas and they were in nicer containers, bigger than you'd see them in at Petsmart and other places. Also, the water looked clean and they had some really nice bettas. I was surprised! Maybe my e-mail helped after all.
You go girl!!
Old 08-17-2009, 05:27 PM   #27 
5green

i would send an email to petco but i dont know their email does someone know it ?
5green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:32 PM   #28 
ScentedLove

Glad to hear that at least some stores have changed!
ScentedLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:36 PM   #29 
BamaBetta

Y'all probably know they don't make much if any money off of bettas and most other animals there (besides birds.) The money comes from the supplies and for the most part animals are "loss leaders".
BamaBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:32 PM   #30 
5green

yes true but they still should treat them with some respect
5green is offline   Reply With Quote