Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-12-2009, 11:59 AM   #1 
bettababe321

Talking Dream Tank??

So just for fun, say you wake up one morning and out on your front doorstep is a brand new tank! (you pick the size this is a fantasy after all) It has a hood, lights, filter, heater, all the trimmings! You look inside the tank and theres a gift card to petco or aquabid or wherever and it has an unlimited amount of money on it to help you decorate and stock your awesome new tank!!!

So what would you do? what size is your tank and how would you decorate/stock it??
I'm curious to see what everyones "dream tank" would be

Example:
I would loooove
a 20 gallon with maybe 3 dwarf puffers and lots of live plants, natural colored gravel
or
a 55 gallon on a wood stand, with white sand, live coral, clownfish, a lionfish and a couple starfish
or
a 20 gallon split into 4 seperate tanks with a beautiful betta in each one! all with sand and live plants
or
a 20 gallon with dark gravel, live plants, a couple fancy guppies and some cories

bettababe321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:16 PM   #2 
Jynx

I used to have a 50 gallon with red eared sliders and a few cichlids and a big pleco in it- but they were kind of a mess. Turtles can be really filthy. I think I would most like to have a nice big tank like that again- but with a school (at least 12) of neon tetras and a bunch of cory catfish. I also love the dojo loaches- I love watching them root around for food. I don't know if they would all get along but i would love one of those brightly colored mini lobsters or a freshwater eel. Maybe the eel would need his own tank but it would be really cool to have one. They have spots like leopards and little fangs.
Jynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:05 PM   #3 
misstephaniexxx

I want a 50+ gallon tank with sand and aweome lights. Maybe like the nano cube. With my two girls and flashy fish :)
misstephaniexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:00 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

I would like a 20 gallon betta sorority with lots of nice real plants and decorations and places for them to hide. My females would come from reputable breeders and I'd have someone to maintain my plants for me because I know nothing about plants. I would also like a 10 gallon with some cory catfish because I love fishyinpa's pandas and I think they'd be fun to have. And of course, I'd have who knows how many male bettas from reputable breeders and Aquabid. What a fun thread!! :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:55 PM   #5 
CharH

I would LOVE a 30-50 gallon tank with all kinds of beautiuful fish and decorations and different color lights to highlight certain areas!! I have an obsession with those colored crystals too that go in the tank too. I love fish they are so peaceful to watch! I'm amazed by neon tetra's so I would love to have some of them in my community, in my dream fish tank.
CharH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:56 PM   #6 
CharH

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettababe321 View Post
So just for fun, say you wake up one morning and out on your front doorstep is a brand new tank! (you pick the size this is a fantasy after all) It has a hood, lights, filter, heater, all the trimmings! You look inside the tank and theres a gift card to petco or aquabid or wherever and it has an unlimited amount of money on it to help you decorate and stock your awesome new tank!!!

So what would you do? what size is your tank and how would you decorate/stock it??
I'm curious to see what everyones "dream tank" would be

Example:
I would loooove
a 20 gallon with maybe 3 dwarf puffers and lots of live plants, natural colored gravel
or
a 55 gallon on a wood stand, with white sand, live coral, clownfish, a lionfish and a couple starfish
or
a 20 gallon split into 4 seperate tanks with a beautiful betta in each one! all with sand and live plants
or
a 20 gallon with dark gravel, live plants, a couple fancy guppies and some cories
I love your idea's they all sound so pretty!!
CharH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:11 PM   #7 
bettababe321

thanks Char! great ideas everyone!! keep them coming
bettababe321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:33 PM   #8 
rb500

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I would like a 20 gallon betta sorority with lots of nice real plants and decorations and places for them to hide.
Haha, that's exactly what I was gonna say! I would hope for a 20 or 30 for exactly that, a sorority tank.
rb500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:34 PM   #9 
rb500

Oh, also, a 15 gallon to have tons of guppies, of all different colors. Maybe a community of tetras and mollies and guppies, things like that.
rb500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:35 PM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

20-30gallons would be good.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote