Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #1 
Lyshymo

Newest rescue.

I went to Petco to look at doggie costumes and, of course, the Bettas. I told my friend before I went into the store, "when I see a Betta that I want and start talking about it...tell me 'NO'." She agreed. And she failed at doing her job. I ended up spending $20 on another fish I don't need...and I'm hoping he makes it.

When I saw him, I was just going to skim past him and look at others, but I kept going back to give him a second, third, fourth...and well, many "looks". He was gorgeous but kept swimming on his side and didn't seem to be able to make it around very well. He seemed to have an unusual substance coming off his tail, which I figured it was a sliver of his tail or something although he looks completely in tact. I decided to take a chance with him as I have an empty 1g Critter Keeper and figured if he's still alive and doing well in the next 1-2 weeks I'll go out and buy him his own aquarium and set him by my other 2 boys, Oliver and Ozwald.

Well-I won't bore everyone with more details and will cut to the pictures of my new, handsome boy!

Picture One:
When I first got him home.
Name:  2.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  69.9 KB

Picture Two:
Before cleaning/prepping the 1g Critter Keeper.
Name:  3.jpg
Size:  56.0 KB

Picture Three:
I LOVE his coloration! :3
Name:  4.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  59.6 KB

Picture Four:
Getting used to his new, temporary home!
Name:  1.jpg
Size:  67.2 KB

Hope you all enjoyed! I'll have to remember to update everyone with his progress! I'm hoping he simply has what Ozwald went through (I was gone for awhile so his tank cleaning was slightly neglected and he swam on his side, etc but after a good couple tank cleanings, he was back to normal) and will pull through this. As of now, he's on Aquarium Salt treatment as well as will have his tank cleaned every 2-3 days (I'll at least give him a few days to adjust). :3

Alright-I'm done blabbing for now!
Lyshymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #2 
Lyshymo

Forgot a picture!
Name:  5.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  50.4 KB
Old 09-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #3 
jesssan2442

He's cool! do you have any name ideas?
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:49 PM   #4 
Lyshymo

Thank you, jesssan2442! And I'm still coming up with a name. I have two current boys (Oliver Aiden Finley and Ozwald Gibson Radnor) and I'd like to keep the awkward names going. XD
Old 09-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #5 
BettaMama86

Good for you for rescuing a sickly fella. Good luck! I'm sure he'll be beautiful once he's healed. I love the spotted turquoise streak on his fin... reminds me of my double tail boy.
BettaMama86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #6 
Lyshymo

Your boy must have been handsome, BettaMama86! And thank you! I'm sure he'll be quite the stunner once he's feeling a bit better ^-^