Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-25-2013, 10:12 PM   #11 
sbrit94

I might end up giving him away when he is to big to home for me. I will be getting a 10 gallon or 20 asap but for now he will temporarily stay in the bowl.
I think something was spreading among my brothers fish so hopefully I rescued Gatsby in time.
sbrit94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #12 
Blue Fish

If the other fish are getting sick, has anyone checked the water params? I recently looked into getting goldfish and got much of the same information you've been given here. They're just really "dirty" little guys, and I wonder if the other tank is overstocked, then the water quality could be pretty bad, which would lead to disease? :(

Not trying to say that you or your brother aren't good fish keepers, just maybe need a little more information? :) I remember as a kid we kept two little oranda goldfish in a 5 gallon hex...and they lived for about three years...but now, knowing more, I cringe every time I think about it. Those poor little guys who suffered in my living room... :( It was just misinformation from the petstore...and a time LONG before the internet, lol! ;)

One of these days I'm going to finally break down and a 90g+ tank with stand and credenza and all that and put 5 big fancies in it...but right now I just don't have the space or time to deal with it. :)

He's a cute little guy, I hope that he stays healthy and safe for you! :)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #13 
sbrit94

I was totally misinformed. My brother got several little goldies for his tank. I think it's the water getting dirty quickly from them and then killing them. I think taking in the little guy was the best thing to do. For now I'm going to get a bigger tank for him (instead of the big bowl) until I get the money for something like a 20 (which should be pretty soon if I sell some things on CL)
Old 09-26-2013, 04:19 PM   #14 
jaysee
Reference Team

A 20 would be good - if the fish lives long enough to outgrow it, I'm sure you will be able to find use for it.
jaysee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #15 
sbrit94

Most likely. I'll start a small community tank.