Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #11 
KennioSays

It's the aqueon evolve 2 so it's only a 2 gallon but with the filteration and everything in the back including the gravel maybe a 1.5? It's nice though I adjusted it to where my water flow is minimal to where the fishes aren't just flying everywhere and also put my air pump and heater in the back..

The root tabs does do wonders I was having problems before with the sand because my plants kept on dying wasn't sure if it was from the lighting or not though
KennioSays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:07 AM   #12 
eden000

Are you using the stock lighting?

I'm really trying to establish my own evolve 2 as a NPT... I got some anubias petite nanas tied to driftwood from LFS, but over the course of the 3 weeks I've had it it's turning brown and sporting some hair-like algae. Going to try to get tabs, more plants, and seachem flourish at the store tomorrow (maybe excel too??).
eden000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:51 AM   #13 
KennioSays

Have you tried 6500k lighting and any co2 diffusers or anything at all? You could also add in some shrimp to help with that algae at first I was going to add in some red cherries in mine as a clean up crew
Old 09-27-2013, 08:51 AM   #14 
eden000

I don't want to add shrimp, because it's only a little less than 2 gal, I just don't feel comfortable Gavin. Anything with my betta in that size. And, are there any lights you can recommend for this tank? Which ones are you using?
Old 09-27-2013, 11:44 AM   #15 
InfiniteGlory

yeah, that tank is pretty small for just the betta. Glad that it worked out as a fry tank.

Now its decision time of do I make my own osmocote tablets or pick up root tabs????
InfiniteGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:50 AM   #16 
InfiniteGlory

eden, if you are not using any fertilizers then that may be why your plants are not doing so well. I have wysteria, sword, anubias and now the DHG under LED's and they are doing well. At one time I had anacharis in there too but it melted during a rescaping project and never recovered. my tank gets a little indirect sunlight everyday but the LED's provide the majority of the light.

most people pick up the CFL corkscrew light and either a desk lamp that has a long arm or a clamp on style and use that over their tank. Anything in the 13w range is fine so long as it is the 6500K color temperature.
InfiniteGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:01 PM   #17 
KennioSays

Sorry I couldn't reply earlier Eden I was at work but I do infinite suggestions are good.

And yeah it's just a small fry tank that I use for the time being until I move them into a 20 long but I also do have a few red cherries in there for clean up also ... So I mean with the evolve is does make a nice shrimp tank or aquascape. Bare with my typos and weird sentences I'm typing all of this on my phone since I'm out right now
Old 09-27-2013, 05:02 PM   #18 
KennioSays

And infinite you could make your own which is cheaper in the long run but at the same time if you are running a nano tabs are just around 7 or so dollars and I just use one and split it into quarters so it does take awhile for it to be used up
Old 09-27-2013, 10:41 PM   #19 
eden000

Thanks for the suggestions, guys :) Kennio I love your tank, it's so serene looking! It takes a while to figure out the filter for the evolve, but I think it's a great tank and your scape definitely proves that ^^
Old 09-27-2013, 11:02 PM   #20 
KennioSays

Thanks for the compliment I'm always changing my concepts so you'll see more and yes I have trouble with the filteration system myself even at the lowest setting it still comes out strong what you can do is actually put a smaller tube inside yours and it'll help a lot or wrap a sponge around the head and it'll distort the flow