betta fish

Old 08-18-2009, 08:59 PM   #31 
ifish

cool. so do you have msn? if you want we can chat in a privat messge
ifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:30 PM   #32 
TianTian

Nope, no msn. Sorry.

In other news, No updates on Taco's condition. If he's alive, he's still as a stone.
TianTian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:35 PM   #33 
ifish

hope he makes it threw it
ifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:53 PM   #34 
MrVampire181

Le fishy be sicky. Sorry I had to :P

Antibiotics mught be good??
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:59 PM   #35 
TianTian

Interesting factoid about France (and correct me if I'm wrong): April Fool's Day in America is called "Poisson d'Avril". Poisson=fish. :D

Tried anti-fungus meds earlier. No effect whatsoever.

Bleh, this is frustrating.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:03 PM   #36 
ScentedLove

I hope they feel better thats so sad ;[ Im keeping my fingers crossed for your boys!
ScentedLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:56 PM   #37 
TianTian

There is no question now. It must be dropsy.

Taco has not made any improvements, despite my efforts. I've done all I can, and have access to do, in my knowledge. He's not eating, he's floating directly vertical, his scales are significantly raised and his vibrant orange color is pretty much gone. His fins are completely glued to his body, which is even curling on itself and leaning over to the right side. He has very little response to any outside stimulation (waving fingers in front of the glass, gently tapping the side of the tank, passing by, etc).

If he is no better by the morning, I will consider humane euthanasia for him. I cannot stand to watch him suffer any more.

It's amazing how fast you can get attached to these little guys. This is breaking my heart.

Last edited by TianTian; 08-18-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:04 PM   #38 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry about Taco!! All you can do is keep him comfortable and I know you're doing that.
Speaking of languages, I had German for 4 years and don't remember very much of it. Some came back to me when I was in Germany a few years ago and I was around my brother's in-laws. I also had 3 years of Spanish. My Dad was fluent in Spanish and I wish I'd grown up speaking it. I think it would be cool to speak 2 languages fluently.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:08 PM   #39 
TianTian

Thanks for the support, dramaqueen. I was actually about to PM you. I hate to lose pets, even the smallest ones. I'm trying to be strong and not get too worked up over this, but it's just so frustrating when I can't do anything in my power to save a life.

Off-topic: My first spoken language was Spanish, learned English, forgot Spanish, took French. I have one more semester of French to finish up my language requirement for my bachelor's degree. Once that's out of the way I might pick up some Spanish classes. At least that's the plan; we'll see how my GPA performs after this semester. :P
Old 08-18-2009, 11:34 PM   #40 
Vikki81207

lol, the french bit was funny.
Argh, I wish he didn't have dropsy. This is so depressing. I want to be a vet tech, just so I can be a part of saving animals lives. This is horrible. I just wish Taco was having a bad day and he would snap out of it.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote