Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-24-2009, 09:08 PM   #1 
Blue Eternity

Anyone use this tank? Opinions?

I bought a tank for my betta boy at Walmart. I've been searching online for it EVERYWHERE and I can't find it. Not even on the Tetra main site!

I got it from Walmart. Its a 3 gallon aquarium kit made by Tetra. It came w/ a waterfall type filter, a little fake plant, a small stand, a light and an instruction manual. I was drawn to it because it was a kit, and I liked the light and the fact that it was plastic and not glass. Here is a picture of the box I took with my cell phone...

I like it, although I think I will cover the filter w/ a cover or something because its creating too much of a flow in the tank and I can see him struggling to stay still.

(I have added a heater, gravel, a thermometer, and 2 more fake plants. Soon I will add a cave, but for now he seems content w/ hiding and sleeping in the long plant leaves!) Should I add more?

Please give me your opinions on this tank. Does anyone else use it? Has anyone else used it in the past? Did you like it? What did your set up look like?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions! I just want to give my little boy the best home I can. :]
Blue Eternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:14 PM   #2 
Scienceluvr8

I've never seen that one. I've seen one similar that is, I believe, half that size though. Seems nice, but I had a filter like that and my betta's fins got torn in it, so just be wary. Does it have the water intake on the bottom? If so, you can cover it with panty hose so he won't have the opportuinity to get stuck. But then again, my betta was constantly swimming under there, so that was part of the problem. Anyways, I'm sure it's a nice tank, you should post some pics
Scienceluvr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:04 PM   #3 
Blue Eternity

Heres my tank set up right now. :] I brought an extra light in so that i could get a decent picture... its not that bright all the time! The filter has been turned off.

hehe you can see my boy swimming around, he seems to be enjoying himself so far!
Old 07-24-2009, 11:08 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Nice tank!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:28 PM   #5 
Red Betta

Ya i've seen it, seems like a good tank, looks like you have done everything to make it betta-suitable, good job.
Red Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:30 PM   #6 
dr2b

I actually like that. It's very modern looking compared to a lot of tanks. However, if I had something like that in my house - I'd have a dead fish. Because my cats have picked up a new hobby since I got Flair... lol.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:31 PM   #7 
Blue Eternity

Thanks everyone! I'm glad I've made it betta-suitable haha. He likes it and thats all that matters! :] And I'm glad that someone else has seen this tank... I was beginning that I was the only one with it. haha

and about the cats... I'm guessing that you can't see the top hahaha. The tank has a pretty tightly fitting top that cats (I'm gussing) couldn't get off or get into. And w/ all the water its pretty heavy, about 25 lbs I'd guess so I doubt a cat could knock it over. I have a pretty curious cat (although shes getting up there in age) who hasn't been able to get to him yet. But then again, shes usually occupied by the dog, rat, or chinchilla. :P

Last edited by Blue Eternity; 07-24-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:35 PM   #8 
dr2b

Ah yes I couldn't see the lid lol. I have the Eclipse corner 5 and my one cat especially is obsessed with the tank. Is the lid clear?
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:39 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

The lid IS rather hard to see.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:41 PM   #10 
Blue Eternity

Yes the lid is clear. It lays pretty much flush with the top of the tank. I can definitely see how you didn't notice it at first!