Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-30-2013, 07:33 AM   #1 
razorfish

Female betta still not preggy

I'm trying my luck in breeding but 'til now my female betta still no eggs with no vertical lines either.
I have conditioned the pair before introducing and even the male starts to make bubbles my female betta still has no sign that she's pregnant or have eggs, until such time the male betta got tired (I think) he stops making bubbles and stops following her.
Please I need some expert advice here.
Thanks in advance.
razorfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:54 AM   #2 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Recondition them and totally isolate. Flare daily, male to male and female to female. Or use mirrors. Eventually the male should make another bubble nest. And the female should eventually flirt swim. If the female doesn't flirt swim while exercising, flare her much longer; it can be done gradually 5-10, 10-15, 15-20 . . . . and so on. If you are confident on their health and mentality go flat out 30-60 minutes (this can be done to both reluctant males or females). Then let them rest for a day before exercising again. They should begin to flirt swim.

Do not release unless both are flirt swimming. No flirt swim means they won't spawn thus will only frustrate the other (in your case the male). Do not rely on "eggy" nor breeding bars. Some may not show them. But as long as they flirt swim, they will spawn
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:28 AM   #3 
razorfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by indjo View Post
Recondition them and totally isolate. Flare daily, male to male and female to female. Or use mirrors. Eventually the male should make another bubble nest. And the female should eventually flirt swim. If the female doesn't flirt swim while exercising, flare her much longer; it can be done gradually 5-10, 10-15, 15-20 . . . . and so on. If you are confident on their health and mentality go flat out 30-60 minutes (this can be done to both reluctant males or females). Then let them rest for a day before exercising again. They should begin to flirt swim.

Do not release unless both are flirt swimming. No flirt swim means they won't spawn thus will only frustrate the other (in your case the male). Do not rely on "eggy" nor breeding bars. Some may not show them. But as long as they flirt swim, they will spawn
Wow! Thanks Indjo! Gonna try your advice.
razorfish is offline   Reply With Quote