Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-18-2009, 09:06 PM   #1 
Lynn08

Unhappy 2 Females....within 24 hours

Well....I DID have a community tank with female bettas included. First female died last night, since I found her dead face down with her tail up, sitting at the bottom. So that made me have only three females left so this morning I removed my females and put them all in their own tanks, 2 being in a split tank. Off to work I go and I come home to another female dead (in the split tank).... face down and tail up, sitting at the bottom. I have always had my fish floating more than floating at the bottom but I think that maybe the current had her pushed to the bottom. They were all in the community tank for probably two weeks now and doing fine and all of a sudden two die..... . I just hope my other two survive, especially my tiny white female, shes my fav! Im just curious....and well, wondering if anybody has any ideas??
Lynn08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:38 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have no idea, unless it was from stress.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:08 PM   #3 
BakaMandy

There's a lot of things that might have happened... It could have just been a bad shipment or they were sick before you got them Dx; there's no real way of knowing... things like internal parasites are hard to identify )':

but a good place to start is by check all your water parameters. If something is a off, that might be the case, or not...

I dunno O_o; watch them closely and look at their behavior. If they're possibly sick, maybe look for symptoms?

Of course it might've been stress also, but you got them earlier this month didn't you? When did you put them in all together?

Last edited by BakaMandy; 08-18-2009 at 11:11 PM.
BakaMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:07 AM   #4 
Lynn08

Yeah, I had them for about three weeks.....and they were all together for about two weeks. Its just stressful when you know you didnt do anything wrong and everything WAS fine...and then poof, two fish die. I believe you are right about the stress or internal parasites....because nothing else was visible.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:21 AM   #5 
Kim

Try seeing if you can monitor their feces. If they are white and stringy that is a sign of internal parasites. I had IP whipe out almost an entire tank of guppies that I rescued from bad living conditions before I even knew what was happening. I tried many different meds and found that the Jungle Labs Anti-Parasite medicated food was the only one that did the trick.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:31 AM   #6 
Lynn08

Thanks Kim....I'll keep an eye out on the other fish and the last 2 females, and see whats going on. That could be a problem...