Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-20-2009, 03:21 PM   #11 
Vikki81207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
cichlids are bloodthirsty little beasts- I kept some in my turtle tank for color. I much prefer bettas or nice goofy looking community fish like dojo loaches. lol dojo loaches
I have a dojo loach. lol
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:25 PM   #12 
MrVampire181

Halfmoons are pretty peaceful and would be ok with the right tank mates.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:55 PM   #13 
RoseyD

see... The real task is getting people who can take the time, effort to know fish personalities. It's not about just dropping a whole bunch of fish into a tank together.

Really, it's about research, and more research.

I wish we had good folks who really cared about the animals in stores like these.

When I hear stories of animals being heartlessly dropped and abandoned in tanks with 'vicious' fish - it just makes me wonder if our society is being over run by psychopaths. (it can't be all stupidity.) If they're laughing when you try to save the poor creatures from harm - then you know it's intentional torture.

It makes our world a much sadder place... when stuff like that happens so needlessly.
RoseyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:34 AM   #14 
rb500

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseyD View Post
see... The real task is getting people who can take the time, effort to know fish personalities. It's not about just dropping a whole bunch of fish into a tank together.

I wish we had good folks who really cared about the animals in stores like these.

When I hear stories of animals being heartlessly dropped and abandoned in tanks with 'vicious' fish - it just makes me wonder if our society is being over run by psychopaths. (it can't be all stupidity.) If they're laughing when you try to save the poor creatures from harm - then you know it's intentional torture.

It makes our world a much sadder place... when stuff like that happens so needlessly.
unfortunately that is completely true
rb500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:07 AM   #15 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseyD View Post

It's sad how true that is :(
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:29 PM   #16 
Ilovemyshiny

i like you all... because you have brains :D and Jynx, you were able to keep fish with your turtles..i had the same idea, add some color..and my turtles thought EVERYTHING i put in was a snack. including a huge algae eater. i cant keep anything with those guys.
Ilovemyshiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:12 PM   #17 
sampster5000

I feel so bad for painted fish :( Animal cruelty is so terrible. In other news, I agree that bettas like to be alone but, only sometimes. Mine will hide in my castle structure for hours but I will walk by sometimes and see him swimming with my rasboras. Then he goes back into his castle and chills. He is obviously the coolest fish in the tank. For sure.
sampster5000 is offline   Reply With Quote