Old 08-23-2009, 11:29 AM   #31 
veganchick

good for you!!!!!!! *cheers*
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:49 PM   #32 
Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
As much as I think stealing is wrong...good job!!!! LOL.
I agree. Plus, if you are rescuing a neglected animal I don't think it counts as stealing. The animal is not an object so it can't be "stolen" any more than a person can be "stolen." I'd call it rescuing .

Note, I do not steal (even animals) but I can't fault someone for taking an animal that is being abused..especially if no one even misses it's presence.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:00 PM   #33 
SaylorKennedy

That's how we got my first dog. She was being kicked everyday and my grandma's coworker told her about it. My grandma went to the people's house and stole her, I don't even think they cared. :( When we got her she had a broken bone in her front paw and a dislocated hip. But that was 12 years ago. We just recently had to put her down in June, at age 17 which is really long for a dog but especially long for a husky/alaskan malamute mix. Never showed her age though. At 16 she was keeping up with my neighbor's 3 year old dog. She was the best pet I could ever ask for.
Sorry for the sort of digression. :)
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:08 PM   #34 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm sorry about your dog. She was lucky to have a good home with people who loved her after the abuse she took with those other people.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:41 PM   #35 
Vikki81207

I have a Siberian husky. Husky's are tough dogs. Very smart too. Sorry you had to put her down though. Yeah I don't encourage stealing but if an animal is in a tough predicament, I would take them too.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:46 PM   #36 
Phether

Things you do to entertain yourself.. haha :] Are you a little OCD sometimes?
Phether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:01 PM   #37 
rb500

I agree that it is ok if the people don't care about the animal enough that they don't even care its gone and/or its being neglected or abused. My neighbor has had huskys for as long as i can remember. Two he had to put down, one then the other, but they lived really long. They both got cancer and i think it was hereditary because they were father and son. I'm rambling, but he got a new one and I think they are great dogs lol
rb500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:11 PM   #38 
dramaqueen
Banned

My second betta came from a neighbor who neglected him. I don't know why she got him in the first place. She didn't want to do water changes every week. She fed him one pellet a day. She kept him in a half gallon vase. She said water changes once a month were going to have to be good enough because he wasn't made of gold and could easily be replaced!! Some of you may have heard this story before. I don't understand people who want pets but refuse to care for them.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:14 PM   #39 
rb500

That sounds horrible!! So glad you got him outta there. Which one of yours is he?
rb500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:17 PM   #40 
dramaqueen
Banned

He died about a year and a half ago. She had him for about 4 months then I had him a little over 3 years.