Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-10-2013, 01:33 AM   #1 
finnfinnfriend

Past lives?

Now I know this probably sounds crazy, but a friend of mine was telling me in detail her accounts of her past lives. Does anyone have memories or reoccuring dreams of past lives they may have had?
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:02 AM   #2 
bambijarvis

I don't personally, but have friends who do.
bambijarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:54 AM   #3 
Torla

Not me personally, but my best friend has vivid recollections of past lives. I mean, incredibly-detailed accounts. It's something I'd love to explore for myself a little later on in life.
Torla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:26 PM   #4 
thekinetic

Yes I do. I was a general in one, led an ill fated charge of knights to our deaths (I was impaled) in one. In another I was a marauder, all I remember really is riding through a camp at night on horseback cutting down all I saw.

My last life is the one I remember in most detail. I was walking down a street with a friend in what must of been the late 70s from the look of the cars, it was daytime in a city. I heard a gunshot and then felt a pressure in my chest and burning sensation. I fell backwards onto the street, my friend kneeling by my side and a crowd beginning to gather. At that point I couldn't feel much, my sense of smell was gone, and my hearing kind of staticy. I could feel my life slipping away, then my vision began to fade to white, then all black. When my vision cleared I was hovering above an operating table where a body lay but it was not me (as I am now). Then I awoke, and know this was no mere dream but a memory of long ago. To those who want to know death is like falling asleep, just very peaceful.

That place I awoke in I know well too, it is the space between worlds. It is the ether, put there to make passing easier.

Last edited by thekinetic; 09-11-2013 at 10:28 PM.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #5 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
Yes I do. I was a general in one, led an ill fated charge of knights to our deaths (I was impaled) in one. In another I was a marauder, all I remember really is riding through a camp at night on horseback cutting down all I saw.

My last life is the one I remember in most detail. I was walking down a street with a friend in what must of been the late 70s from the look of the cars, it was daytime in a city. I heard a gunshot and then felt a pressure in my chest and burning sensation. I fell backwards onto the street, my friend kneeling by my side and a crowd beginning to gather. At that point I couldn't feel much, my sense of smell was gone, and my hearing kind of staticy. I could feel my life slipping away, then my vision began to fade to white, then all black. When my vision cleared I was hovering above an operating table where a body lay but it was not me (as I am now). Then I awoke, and know this was no mere dream but a memory of long ago. To those who want to know death is like falling asleep, just very peaceful.

That place I awoke in I know well too, it is the space between worlds. It is the ether, put there to make passing easier.
Thank you for sharing! I am super interested in this kind of thing. I think my last time around I was an animal, because I don't feel like I have ever lived as a human before. I have no idea though...
Old 09-13-2013, 10:01 PM   #6 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
Thank you for sharing! I am super interested in this kind of thing. I think my last time around I was an animal, because I don't feel like I have ever lived as a human before. I have no idea though...
I am very fearful as in all the past lives I remeber I've always died violently. Perhaps it is my fate, I've always seemed to be the guardian type.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:31 PM   #7 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
I am very fearful as in all the past lives I remeber I've always died violently. Perhaps it is my fate, I've always seemed to be the guardian type.
Maybe next time you will decide to be a guardian "angel" instead of coming back as a human....
Old 09-16-2013, 10:35 AM   #8 
Blue Fish

Oh, what a cool post! :D If you google it, you can find some *fascinating* stories from *very* young children about just this topic. I mean, specificity and things that they are way too young to understand or be "making up". Very, very different from the play stories that children come up with on their own.

I always counted reincarnation as a sort of possibility (just because I rather hate to rule anything out unless I can prove it one way or another, lol!), but the sheer volume of stories from these 2,3,4 year old children really pushed that rather vague possibility into something that I consider to be a very real one.

I don't remember anything specifically, but I've always been fascinated (like from very, very young...) with late Victorian/Edwardian period in England, and the corresponding turn of the last century in the US. :)

I also completely agree with Kinetic about the "ether" as he calls it. I've had animals my entire life, and horses for almost twenty years. There's a distinct difference when an animal is put down, or dies suddenly, rather than those who die on their own either of old-age or an illness. There's something that hangs around for a bit afterwards, you can literally feel it. The best that I can describe is like when you're in a room, sitting with your back to the door, and someone, silently, walks into the room. You don't hear anything, they don't say anything...but you suddenly sense that they're there. It's like that...only stronger. They always seem to figure out how to go to whatever comes next, but it's like there's a little time of "Oh, wait a minute..." for them between Here and There. :)
I've had others hang around to say good-bye. :)

Kinetic, do you think that it could possibly be that it's only the ones that you remember wherein you died violently? That perhaps there could have been others wherein you died peacefully, but the relative tranquility of that has caused the other, sharper, violent memories to be more prevalent/at the surface?

Finn, I think it would be fun in some ways to be an animal. :) I'm not sure that I'd appreciate the lack of control over my fate in some ways...but there are always upsides and downsides to any opportunity. :)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #9 
Riverotter

For those who believe, there is a scientific basis.
if you study physics, you know that energy can be neither created nor destroyed. It can only be stored, channelled, condensed, dissipated, etc. It can also go from one form of energy to another.

We are made of several kinds of energy. Some of these, like matter and electricity, we understand. Some of them, like what animates us and makes us individuals - we do not. Many doctors have had a case where the body should function. Sometimes, they can even keep the heart beating. But what animates us is gone.

Whatever energy that is, it doesn't just vanish.
Riverotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #10 
jaysee
Reference Team

Those that believe in an afterlife would agree - the energy just doesn't disappear. However, for those that don't believe in life after death in the religious sense, reincarnation certainly solves that physics problem.

Throughout my life I've been told I was an old soul. There are certain things that I just innately know, but I have no recollection of any such thing as previous lives.
jaysee is offline   Reply With Quote