Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-04-2013, 11:06 PM   #31 
ANHEL123

Does his stomach looks discolored like whitish, grayish or its the color its always been?
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:30 PM   #32 
Aalistair

Ever since he first got sick, I noticed his stomach has been much more lightly colored than when I first got him. It's significantly more noticeable after he's eaten.
Aalistair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:40 PM   #33 
ANHEL123

Usually discolored stomach indication of internal parasites , well as well is internal infection. Never heard if it the same with Swim bladder problem.
You been found his poo for a few times now. Is he bloated a lot? I would say if he is pooping but continue to be bloated , and especially if he is lethargic i would treat him with med's. And if you can find General Cure. If you will get General Cure you will need to pre mix it:
A convenient way to dose General Cure is to get a container that holds 5 cups of dechlorinated water. Add the dosage of General Cure and mix it well. Then add 1/2 cup of medicated water per 1 gallon of tank water. So if his tank is 3 gall - you add 1.5 cup .

Last edited by ANHEL123; 10-04-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:44 PM   #34 
Aalistair

He seems to get bloated after each meal.

After he poops, his belly goes back to normal and he seems just fine for the most part. Usually swimming around the bottom, but with less effort. Would you recommend the same medicines or do you have something else in mind?
Old 10-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #35 
Aalistair

Doing a little update and, uh...he's looking rather good today.

Fed him one pellet before bed, another in the morning, and one 6 hours later for lunch to keep his energy up. No sign of bubbles attached to him, he's swimming freely, and he's a tiny bit active in the hospital tank. No signs of bloating either. Checked his poo twice this morning and it's still really light brown, but now it's sinking. It looks rather soft compared to the darker pebble-looking ones he normally makes, but it's not white or anything. He likes to rest close to the surface after taking a gulp of air, and he usually takes several before moving on which worries me, but other than that, he's looking better I think. For now.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:28 AM   #36 
ANHEL123

I would say to just monitor him, but have medication on hand. Clear with light brown can happen if you give them a laxative, which is Epsom. If it doesn't go back to the normal color after a couple of poops, and if he's bloated but still eating well. If so, that *may* indicate parasites.
So lets continue Epsom , observe...
General Cure if you can find is good for internal parasites because it has Metronidazole and Praziquantel per packet.

Tags
ich disease