Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-21-2009, 08:32 AM   #1 
Magdalaine

divided tank worries...

Hi, so I'm putting my boys in a divided 5 gal tank once I'm back in college land... I suddenly got really worried that Fishstick and Button might get sick from each other . Is that likely? (I've only had Button for about a week and he's been in QT and seems perfectly healthy). Should I take any precautions when putting them together or just have meds on hand for more common things like Ich and Fin Rot? I've been switching about 8-16 oz of the water from one's tank to the other for the past few days in order to acclimate them to one another's bacteria... anything else I should do? I seriously would be devastated if one of my little guys got sick and died... they're kinda like my children...
Magdalaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:16 PM   #2 
Vikki81207

I don't think anything would happen. I would continue to quarantine him until you get to college and set the tank up. But it should be fine. I keep 3 boys in a ten gallon split. I would keep stuff on hand, it's always good to keep things like aquarium salt, ich meds & JFE on hand.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:23 PM   #3 
MrVampire181

Ya as long as they're quarentined they should be fine.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 06:51 PM   #4 
Magdalaine

Okies, thanks! I sort of had a moment of temporary insanity where I completely freaked out that they were going to die if i put them in the same tank (I just lost two goldfish because I put them together and one was sick and I didn't know it). I'm definitely keeping Button in the QT until I'm at college though and maybe even for a little while after i get there, just to make sure. I have some salt and melafix on hand so I guess I'll just pick up some ich meds and JFE before i leave just in case. ^_^
Magdalaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:55 PM   #5 
Vikki81207

Sounds good to me. I learned recently that it's never bad to have lots of meds. Because Skai got Popeye and I was freaking out because I didn't think I had money to get her stuff, but I looked at my bottle of Melafix and it helps popeye. So it never hurts to have lots of meds.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote