Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-12-2010, 05:53 PM   #1 
shell85

my betta thinks his tail is food?

I have a tail biter on my hands and I don't think it is because of stress but because he thinks its moving food. O_o

I remember him biting his tail before but by accident when he was trying to get some daphnia that sinking to the gravel. He was curling around in circles trying to get it and some landed by his tail and he bit it and I could tell it hurt cause he jumped back fast when it happened and hasn't done it again until now.

I was watching him when it looked like he was searching the gravel for food and caught sight of his tail and started chasing it like a puppy through the gravel and then snap! it he didn't flinch in pain as much this time though. Everything else is in pretty good shape. He has room to swim and places to hide and his water is sparkling clean so I don't think stress is a factor...
shell85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:57 PM   #2 
Alex09

Mine is in a heavily planted 10 gallon and he does the same thing
Dont be too hard on yourself.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote