Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-21-2009, 05:56 PM   #1 
redslumber

Talking What is he DOING?!

I got my betta fish male about a week ago and he seems to be living happily in his condo house. Lately he has been acting strange to what I'm normally used to. He hangs out close to the edge of the tank as if he's looking outside and often darts left and right towards the glass like he wants out. This happens when I get close to him or near the tank. Is he just curious about my activities or does he want to attack me? lol

I also want to ask if feeding him one time 3 pellets a day is a good habit. Or should i split up his feeding times throughout the day.

Thanks
redslumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 08:01 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to FishForum. Are there any other symptoms besides the darting back and forth like scratching himself against the side of the tank or decorations?
As far as feeding goes, you can feed your betta twice a day, 2-3 pellets each time.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:57 PM   #3 
BakaMandy

He sounds fine :) Normal betta behavior. All of mine do, or at least once my bettas have grown used to me, they like to zig-zag across the glass XD It's like they're saying "hellooo!" but usually because when I come home from work they know it's food time and get really excited :P It's interesting because if you talk to them a lot, they eventually start answering to their name!

Drama's right :) you can feed them twice a day, 2-3 pellets each time. If you want, you can also fast them once a week to make sure they don't get overfed
BakaMandy is offline   Reply With Quote