Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-25-2009, 06:33 PM   #21 
veganchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim View Post
Well you, my friend, deserve a standing ovation for your efforts! That is a LOT of sick fish to care for and rehome. I must ask how you found homes for them all. Did you end up having to ship the fish? If you did, how did that go?

You are truly an amazing person and those fish sure were lucky to have you this year. As for next year, maybe call the board of education and make a petition of people who were also offended by this teacher's actions. Hey, if we can't have a Christmas party at school because people are offended (which I still don't get, why can't people just ignore it if they don't celebrate Christmas?) then why should animal cruelty be allowed if it offends some students.....it's all in the wording.

Did you take any pics of your room with all those fish in there?
Idk how i missed this one... ya, I did ship about 80 fish. 10 fancy goldfish and 73 bettas. The rest I found good homes for in the area.
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:42 PM   #22 
Kim

I would sign your petition! Hopefully your librarian can help you with it- I'm pretty terrible with computer stuff.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:29 PM   #23 
veganchick

haha she isn't too likely to do that. I don't think that she gets that bettas are living things and need care and attention just like other pets
Old 08-25-2009, 09:46 PM   #24 
Jazattackk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabblingFish View Post
That sounds borderline illegal to me. Fish aren't animals and don't apply to cruelty laws? What a load of crap...

Good job with the rescue. At least someone at your school has a heart.

I would have gone to the principal.

I agree That's big cruelty, a betta and goldfish need completely different conditions, plus with a bunch of other fish? and in half a gallon without any water changes for a month? Who would even do that ?? >:(
Jazattackk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:53 AM   #25 
veganchick

my idiotic scienec techer thats who! Well he was my science teacher last year, now he's not....
Old 08-26-2009, 08:51 AM   #26 
Kim

We did that except with guppies. They haven't done it since though....I've been sure of that because each year I tell my brother to keep an eye out for it. I don't know what made them stop but I'm sure glad they did!
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:59 AM   #27 
CodeRed

What were they trying to teach?! Animal cruelty is okay?!
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:13 PM   #28 
Rotten

Try http://www.petitiononline.com/, maybe. Its full of crap 'Stop George Bush from banning anime' stuff, but it works pretty well.

But, what was this 'Experiment' proving? That the Betta's will die? No kidding!

Last edited by dramaqueen; 08-26-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Rotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:11 PM   #29 
veganchick

haha! Thanks for the sight. I really don't no the point of the experiment,,,,,,,,
Old 08-27-2009, 03:08 PM   #30 
LaniBaby

that's really great. I'm glad you rescued them all. I think all life is valuable and i hope some of the other students learned something from your example. OH MAN... I'm watching wife swap and this lady who loves pets just went into walmart and picked out a betta lily jar! Ugh. How awful. now everyone watching this show is going to think that betta plants are a good idea. sigh. Anyway... i wish more people were so conscientious of life. My friend's nephews all wanted bettas recently and one of the mom's bought him 2 and got sick of taking care of them so she just left them to starve and hoped they would die. They did. I didn't know, or I would have adopted them. :( some people just deserve to get poked with a hot iron.
LaniBaby is offline   Reply With Quote