Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #1 
SeaKnight

Does anyone else????

I know it's a natural part of life and sooner or later it is going to happen BUT, Does anyone else ever feel like a fish keeping failure whenever a seemingly otherwise healthy fish passes on??? I lost my male swordtail today (found him stuck to the filter about 2 hours or so ago) and can not for the life of me figure out why... He was acting totally normal at feeding this morning and then when I went to check on the tank this afternoon BAM there he is stuck to the filter.... All other fish in tank seem fine and all numbers are within acceptable range... Although, out of habit, I did do a 50% WC after having found him, prior to testing the water, sooooo maybe Ammonia and/or Nitrite levels were high prior to the change????...

S.I.P Little Buddy you will be missed............
SeaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #2 
nancxpants

it's hard to not get down when a living creature you've loved and cared for passes on... but you have to be content knowing you did everything you could to make them happy and comfortable while you could. do you know how old your swordtail was? could have been natural causes; it was just his time, as they say. i'm sure he's happily swimming in that giant fish tank in the sky -hugs-
nancxpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #3 
jaysee
Reference Team

No I don't feel like a failure. They're all going to die, some sooner than others.
jaysee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #4 
SeaKnight

@ Nanc: No, unfortunately I do not, I only know that he was an adult....

It has been a loooooooong couple of weeks for me and I guess the stress has just gotten me a little green around the gills and a bit downhearted... Thanks for the Replies guys, guess I just needed a little reassurance.....
SeaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:33 PM   #5 
bambijarvis

Less so with fish gotten from a petstore, but when I have fry I've bred/raised and one day just have them pass on when they seemed healthy...yeah it stings a little.
bambijarvis is offline   Reply With Quote