Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-23-2009, 03:03 PM   #1 
Kim

What do you use for filters?

I'm just wondering what you guys use for filters and how they are as far as noise goes. Since my tanks are all in my bedroom I need something silent or darn close to it because I have multiple tanks. The noise issue is really what's keeping me from getting any more fish even though I have the space. I did find one filter that is completely silent (it's a mini canister filter) but I can't get it unless I spend $10 on shipping and the filter is $20 and a little oversized for a 5 gal tank. Any imput would be appreciated. Thanks!
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 04:56 PM   #2 
doggyhog

I use the Aqueon Power filter for one of my tanks, I LOVE it!!!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:28 PM   #3 
Kim

Is it quiet? I do have one of the larger ones for my QT tank and I think it was pretty quiet but I'd like to know if the smaller ones are the same.

Also, what about the little tetra whisper in tank filter? Anyone have one of those? I saw the little 1-3 gallon ones and wondered if it would do ok on a 5 gal. At first I thought it was really small, but then I realized that the filter pad was about the same size as the little one on my azoo palm filter and that one works great on my 5.5 gallon.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:34 PM   #4 
BBgirl

I have a Hagen Elite Mini filter in both our betta tanks. They are silent except for the air bubbles and even those aren't loud. I have one 5g and one 2.65g and use the same filter in both. I think the current is a little strong for my lil guys and I am looking for something that makes less current. But otherwise it is a Good filter.
BBgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:47 PM   #5 
doggyhog

Yep, it's very quiet!!! I also have an Aquatech 5-15, the current is very strong, but easily rigged not to be. :)
Old 08-26-2009, 10:03 AM   #6 
Kim

Thank you! I think I'll try the smallest aqueon filter when I get another betta :)
Old 08-26-2009, 10:52 AM   #7 
doggyhog

No problem!! Glad I could help. :) I'm getting another tomorrow! A girl this time! :)))
Old 08-26-2009, 11:14 AM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

I can't wait to see what you get!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:52 PM   #9 
Kim

I want another girl too! I'm going to rescue though so I'll be taking home whoever needs help the most.

I can't wait to see pics doggyhog!