Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-30-2013, 03:39 PM   #1 
sammys14

feeding my betta?

hello
i have two bettas one HM and one CT, i usually have a random scedual that i made up...but my fish got a little fat not that hes fat just a little round belly but im scared that if i continue he will get bigger which could be really bad for him.
for food i have:
-bio gold hicari pellets
-nutrafin flakes
- bio gold freeze dried worms
i feed them random except for the blood worms which it 2 blood worms once a week.
heres my schedual

monday: AM-nothing PM-1 pellet or flake
tuesday: AM-2 pellets or flakes PM-nothing
wednesday: AM-nothing PM- 1pellet or flake
thursday: nothing AM and PM
friday: AM-2 pellets or flakes PM-nothing
saturday: AM- 2 pellet PM-nothing
sunday: AM-nothing PM- 2 blood worms

is that good cause i just changed it from my other scedual i had cause like i said one of my bettas got abit fat ?
sammys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:16 PM   #2 
sunlight

flakes are not the best and really not recommended , it can cause the constipation and bloating.
Since you saying that your fish got little fat, i would buy NLS and Omega One ,its the most recommended food on this forum that has less grains in it. And your fish fat despite that you really don't even overfeeding them. You usually need to feed them about 2 times a day and one fasting day. Also a lot of people recommending frozen food so i would try that too . Frozen blood worms.
Fat , what do you mean by that? Are they constipated ? Try to but frozen daphnia which is good for constipated betta.
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:49 AM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

I would cut out the flakes. You can feed several brands of pellets like New Life Spectrum or Omega one. Just switch off every few days. He'll like the variety.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #4 
sammys14

all i have at my petshop is bio gold hikari pellets and nutrafin pellets ...and i do not know what frozen daphina is...and my fish only has a little round belly it not very big its just abit rounder than before thats all so i wanted to make sure that i wasnt feeding him too much. and i rarely give them flakes since they dont dirty my tank i give flakes like once a week sometime i dont give them at all im just giving them that to bring variety to their diet.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #5 
ANHEL123

what bothers me that you really don't feed him/then enough , so i don't understand why he is even has round stomach. Since he is like that i would try to order that food that dramaqueen recommended, it has less grains, and better for the fish in general , especially when fish has any bladder problem. So if you want to bring variety to their diet i would recommend to buy it.
I would also watch him to make sure he is not constipated and also make sure his poo is normal color. He should not has round stomach with that feeding schedule that you have for him.
http://www.bigalspets.com/betta-form...lets-50-g.html

http://www.petco.com/product/116563/...FQ7xOgodtg4Ajw
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #6 
ANHEL123

sorry double post.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #7 
sammys14

i didnt know i wasnt feeding them enough since like i said they have a little belly i will try to find the food you guys recommended and cut the flakes out ,but unfortunately i cant buy online...so i will go to different petshops to try to find some so they have a good healthy variety of food. and i will look in some other post/threads about constipation.
thank you all for answering me :P

is nutrafin pellets any good? cause i have that at my pet shop.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:54 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't know anything about Nutrafin. You can order food from Amazon or drsfosterandsmith.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:46 PM   #9 
kittenfish

Are you using the Hikari perfectly-sized pellets? Two of those a day seems like an awfully small amount of food. My bettas are on the small side and I give them about 3 pellets each, twice a day, or one meal of pellets and one of frozen food. This is still much less than the amount recommended on the package. If they are bloated, it's not because of the amount of food. Do you have pictures of the belly?
kittenfish is offline   Reply With Quote