Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-23-2009, 10:23 PM   #1 
AlexXx

White?

Alright so i just got my first 2 betta fish last week. One male, Desmond, Red/white VT, and a Female, Freckles, Blueish VT (assuming) Any way. They are in separate containers obviously. The first few days they both stayed the same color they came in, but the last few days Freckles has seemed to become only a whiteish tan, with his fins and dorals fins with blue pokadots, i have no problem with this, shes absolutely adorable and almost enjoy her more then Desmond. I was just wondering if this means anything? I thought i might have been the temperature. We keep it about 70-75 in our house (we live in Florida, its necessary) But they are not lethargic at all and eat. They swim around just fine and I even came home today and Desmond had filled the top rim of his container with a lovely bubble nest, the first ive seen!!! VERY exciting. Any way... please let me know what this whiteness means. Thank you!!! I love these bettas :)
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:41 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Some bettas do change colors shortly after you buy them. I had a female that I was sure was a kind of pearly white. A few weeks later she turned pink with maroon fins! lol Bettas are often pale from stress when you first buy them. I wouldn't worry, unless there are any other symptoms but it sounds like they are doing well.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:43 PM   #3 
rb500

Yea, he may just be stressing because he hasnt adjusted yet. give him time, and if theres no change, id be looking for more symtoms
rb500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:06 PM   #4 
Vikki81207

I agree.

And ps
I LOVE LOST! lol
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:34 AM   #5 
AlexXx

Hahah ya Lost is AWESOME, im glad some1 picked up on that. I want to get a CT male for the bathroom next and name it somthing lost oriented... of course depending on the color... Sun? Jin? Penny? Smokey? haha well see.

Anyway, thanks for the help everyone. Im putting Desmond in a new home soon, but im hesitant cuz i LOVE his bubbles :) and hes been so playful today!

Oh and Freckles has changed colors about 5 times since ive been home this evening. Blue then a bit of orange, black, brown.... shes going crazy haha.

Hope this is all good! i need to find her a new vase or something , the big grey goose bottle shes in now is bothering me cuz i cant see her unless shes in the goose outline haha. Going out tomorrow to get somthing good for her.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:15 AM   #6 
ChloesMom

haha, thats funny cause mine will change colors depending on her mood, when she is fun and playful she is pink and red, when she is sad, she turns white, when she is sick she turns light pink, when she is lazy she is a dark shade of pink, silly fishie
ChloesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:53 AM   #7 
Vikki81207

Yeah I'm pretty much addicted to Lost. So as soon as I saw Desmond, then Freckles I started laughing. Bahaha.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:56 AM   #8 
AlexXx

yup, cant wait for season 6!!! not till jan 2010 though :/

woke up, and Freckles is completely black.. with blue linings on her fin now... Maybe she just cant stay one color haha. <3 her.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:05 AM   #9 
Vikki81207

Fish turn colors once you get them. She'll settle into one in the next couple of days.

& I know! Season 6 is too far away! Me and my friends joke that Lost is our drug. We'll walk around scratching our necks going "lost, lost, gotta watch it" or "the island needs us to watch!" lol