Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-05-2009, 01:55 PM   #1 
ChristinaRoss

Talking Newbie needs tanks!!! I RESCUED 7 bettas TODAY! :)

Firts off, i NEED to know where i can find the cheapest 2.5 or 5 gallon tanks.
anyone have a suggestion??? I need 5 right away, but, im sure ill need more soon hehe

a little back story on me and my aquatic adventures:

I have a 55 gallon community tank with guppies, platies, neons, mollies and the like.
Well I discovered this forum a couple of months ago and have been searching it immensely for various information. THANK YOU posters!

The other day I came across the Betta section, well I have been mesmerized by all of the pictures on here of all your bettas :)

I had one a few years ago that lived for almost 6 years! His name was Patriot, thanks to my son lol

anyhoo, so ive been surfing on here and heard about all this "rescuing" you all do from the pet stores.
So today, I loaded up my baby and went to petsmart ^-^ . i went with getting only 2 in mind, hehe

well i felt compelled to rescue more! so i have 5 males and 2 females. yay!!!!

Beautiful little creatures, ill post pics one day. i have each of the males in one gallon wide mouth glass jars "for now"
i will be getting them their own little tanks as soon as i can find some good deals on craigslist. I know the one gallon isnt optimal, but, hey, at least their NOT in a CUP! i hate that. it makes my skin crawl.
i wish i could take them all home, but, as soon as i find THESE guys tanks, im sure i will be getting more. i have already devised a way to have as many as possible on a custom built "bookshelf" woohoo

oh, and the 2 females are now in my 55 gallon tank. they are swimming all over the place, must feel like an ocean to them now. I know 2 isnt the best for a sorority but i only add 2 at a time to my 55. i will be adding 2 more females next weekend im sure :)

(hubby is out of town) so all i have to say to hubby is: welcome to my NEW addiction!!! LOL
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 02:14 PM   #2 
MrVampire181

Walmart and Petsmart have cheap 10 gallons. PetCo has some 5.5 gallons.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:46 PM   #3 
veganchick

get a couple emty ten gallons and divede them, its cheaper than those kits
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 05:05 PM   #4 
Vikki81207

Yeah I would get 2 or 3 ten gallon kits and divide them into 2 or 3. Then you know, decorate and stuff.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 05:39 PM   #5 
ChristinaRoss

what do i use to divide the tanks?
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 06:00 PM   #6 
Vikki81207

You can buy dividers at Petsmart or Petco or you can make them. I'm using my labtop right now so I can't give you the link for the diy dividers but I'm sure someone else can.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 06:01 PM   #7 
AngelicScars

Here is the link to the DIY dividers. http://www.fishforum.com/diy-aquariu...ividers-21866/

I just bought mine.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:29 PM   #8 
Kim

Wow! Way to go with the rescues!

I agree with what everyone else has posted. I wanted to add that critter keepers are another option if they are cheaper in your area. Also check craigslist.org. There's lots of tanks on there and usually some great deals. I bet you could find multiple 10 gal tanks for dirt cheap if you looked hard enough.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote