Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-25-2009, 12:57 AM   #21 
AlexXx

The walmart around here doesnt have a fish section. I want to find a crown tail so bad! but the only one Petsmart had today was the same color as my veil tail so i wanted something different. Where is the best place for crown tails?
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:58 AM   #22 
doggyhog

Petco has really good bettas usually. :)
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:04 AM   #23 
AlexXx

no petco around here :(

Edit: nvm!! i found one :) ill visit later 2day to get some medication and possibly check out the CTs :)
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:52 AM   #24 
rb500

thats horrible about the bettas. isnt it sad?
rb500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:44 AM   #25 
indiandi

After hearing the horror stories about Petsmart and their fish tanks, I scoped out their Betta selection for about 4-6 weeks before finally buying from them. In that whole time, their fish always looked in good condition.....no dead or fin rot. I even found the clerk clearing the display one day. I asked her what she was doing and she said it was water change time.
We bought my daughters fish a couple of weeks ago and he look pretty happy. Lots of bubble nests. But we're still waiting on a name for him.
indiandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:32 AM   #26 
BakaMandy

I have a lot of local Petsmarts in my area, they've basically overthrown all the other large pet stores around here O.o.

I went to one yesterday to pick some stuff up for my sick rat (lol I have pet rats too e.e) and I went to evaluate the fish section. I was really pleased :) All the bettas looked really healthy and energetic! And there was someone changing the water right then and there too. I even struck up a small conversation about betta fish with the employee xD' much to my boyfriend's dismay. :3 Other than that, there was only one dead fish floating in their other tanks, but it was a feeder goldfish, so it wasn't that bad...
BakaMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:19 PM   #27 
Rohland

The betta fish look sick at my petsmart.
They keep them in blue water because it "keeps them alive longer"
I have never asked what is in the water but it is blue!
Rohland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:23 PM   #28 
Vikki81207

It's a conditioner type thing. It's okay if the water is blue. It's recommended.

I noticed, my Walmart just started carrying Crowntails, and they're the same price as veiltails. If I had more room, I would deff buy one or two.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:40 PM   #29 
Kim

Oh, that's terrible >:(

Petsmart is pretty bad around here too...once I walked in and their entire fish section was infected with ick and some form of fin rot. Not just the bettas- EVERYTHING!

Walmart is by far the worst here though. There is usually about an 1/8" of crap on the bottom of the containers and the water is YELLOW! Not tinted, just plain yellow and thick looking. They only had a few bettas and I wanted so badly to take them but I didn't have the money just then and I was dealing with a lot of other stuff at school at the same time so I couldn't :(

The good thing is our Petco has actually cleaned up their act and the bettas are usually beautiful. Once I saw a little CT floating on his side and after I walked away I came back and he was gone. My mom said that someone came to take him to the "desk" where they take care of sick fish. Now this could be a good thing - they're actually taking care of them- or it could be just a place where they put them to die. I don't know but I can only hope that they actually treat them since the rest of the fish department seems up to par.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:59 PM   #30 
ChrisPerson

I agree about the store depending more on the quality of employees. the PetSmart here has the healthiest store fish i've ever seen, and this morning I asked the lady feeding them several questions I already knew the answer to and she answered them correctly. :)
ChrisPerson is offline   Reply With Quote